Pelvic pressure, side, and lower back pain; vomiting (updated) - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Pelvic Floor and Bladder Issues

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Pelvic pressure, side, and lower back pain; vomiting (updated) Pelvic pressure, side, and lower back pain; vomiting (updated)

Unread 01-16-2013, 08:28 AM
Re: Pelvic pressure, side, and lower back pain; vomiting (updated)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormchic View Post
Weiser,
I understand that you're not medical professionals I am just needing a shoulder to cry on. I've been through so much with my health issues. I know that the ER could treat me for a blockage if that was in fact the issue, but I just hate going to the ER and sent home feeling more confused. I hope I'm not sounding like a baby? I really don't mean to sound that way, but I find myself able to really express myself on this site, as sometimes I feel like friends or family just wouldn't understand like you all would. My dh is great, but I just don't want to complain to him all the time. Going to be checked is inevitable I know. Thank you, for listening.
you need to call your doctor immediately!!!! dont put this off it is not normal! pls call!! hugs!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-16-2013, 12:17 PM

sweetie, please call your doctor and let us know what happens. If this continues please go to the ER if you cannot get anywhere with your doctor.
Unread 01-17-2013, 12:48 PM
Re: Pelvic pressure, side, and lower back pain!

Have you been checked for bladder or kidney infection. I am dealing with same symptoms on third anibotics and shots.

You can but OTC uti test kits by azo, that's hat I did and showed uti was back. I went to dr this morning and have severe bladder infection
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-17-2013, 01:33 PM

yes, I've checked for that , and no I don't have a uti. I had stopped vomiting yesterday, but today I'm really nausea's again. I'm almost done waiting this pain out at home, if it doesn't ease off by later this evening when dh gets home I'm going to the ER. I will be nice, but firm that something has to get done. I cannot go on feeling this way, and with the long history of surgeries and pain it's just not safe anymore. I know the sisters have been telling me to go to the er, but I've been trying to deal with the pain at home. As I just don't want to go to the hospital again.
Unread 01-21-2013, 07:49 AM

Hello,
Well I didn't go to the ER. I tried to just stay completely off my feet. It only seemed to help until I got up and moved. I've started to find that in the am I have small amounts of blood in my undies. I figure it's from being up and around the day before, but not sure were it's coming from. My pain level is high and now I'm feeling pain on my right side as well. I know I should have already been to the ER, but I just hate going to the hospital again. I think today is the day unfortunately though, as I didn't get much sleep due to the pain. When I got up to move the pain was bad, and the feeling everything is going to fall out is much worse. Please forgive me for sounding like a little baby, but I am in need of venting to a sister who can understand were I'm coming from. Thank you, for listening!! I will post when I can.
Unread 01-21-2013, 07:53 AM

Sending hugs and please check in to let us know how you are.
Unread 01-21-2013, 10:03 AM

Prolapse causes pressure and discomfort but not usually out-and-out pain. Prolapse does not cause bleeding except in extreme situations (like ulceration from something hanging completely out the vagina and rubbing).

Unexpected bleeding must always be investigated. PLEASE get to a county health clinic, sliding scale clinic, ER, or somewhere so that you can get some answers and hopefully some peace of mind.
Unread 01-22-2013, 08:30 AM

I went to the ER last night, and my bp was 192/110. This was due to all the pain that I am in. The ER dr. only ordered blood to be drawn. The blood work came back with my white count okay, so he discharged me. My dh and I was in shock that he didn't order any diagnostic test at all. I even ask him about it, and he said "your blood work looks okay, you'll be fine". I was sad in shock and in pain. I never fell asleep last night due to the pain when my dh's alarm went off for him to get up this am I was still awake. I'm hurting and still spotting. I'm at a loss of what to do now? Just wanted to let you all know what happened.
Unread 01-22-2013, 09:02 AM

What the heck? Why are doctors so caring and concerned pre op and when you need them post op, you can't even get them on the phone?

I had blood work done on Dec. 19, 2012. I heard NOTHING from my surgeon so I called my primary on Jan 5, 2013. He got the bloodwork and I saw him the following Sunday to discuss it. Some high cholestrol levels that may be transient from blood transfusions, Eating more fish, etc. On Jan 19th 2013, surgeons office calls for me to make an appointment to discuss high level. They are 2 hours away! I said primary already took care of it. Besides, in a month levels change. Ugh! As far as I'm concerned, its old bloodwork by now.

My point is, you really have to be your own advocate and keep pushing for answers.

Please sister, get help even if it means going to a different ER. I'm thinking about you.
Unread 01-22-2013, 11:07 AM

Holy cow! I don't even know what to say, but I agree with Petrified: you have to be your own advocate here. You probably are going to have to bite the bullet and get established with a physician in your new area. Since you are uninsured, perhaps contact your county health department.

Someone who has had a hyst should NOT be bleeding past the immediate post-op healing time.

If nothing else, that sky-high BP should have gotten the doc's attention.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register