Talk about embarrassing!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Pelvic Floor and Bladder Issues

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Talk about embarrassing!!! Talk about embarrassing!!!

Unread 09-20-2004, 10:25 AM
Talk about embarrassing!!!

Okay, so I am standing in my kitchen last night and out of nowhere and without sensation, urine starts going down my leg!! I am only five weeks post-op, but is this to be expected and if so, for how long? Has anyone experienced this? Luckily, I was at home, but still!!

Becky
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-20-2004, 10:37 AM

Please call your Dr as soon as possible to discuss your problem. I hope he/she can help your situation. Good luck and try not to be embarrassed - it's not your fault.
Unread 09-20-2004, 05:23 PM

Becky,

I agree: Please call your doctor asap. This sounds gross, but can you tell where the urine was coming from? If from the urethra, it is some kind of incontinence thing; if it from the vagina, it could be a fistula. However, your first step is to call back your gyne. And don't let them tell you it's all in your head!

Good luck and keep us posted!

Dee
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-20-2004, 07:09 PM

Is this the first time this has happend to you? I had a TVT on May 5 and have been having ongoing problems with infection and my bladder not emptying completely. Well, Friday evening after I got done peeing I was walking to the sink to wash my hands and gush, urine all over myself. Everything was soaked. This is the only time this has happened. I don't know if it was a fluke, one time deal or what.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

cheree
Unread 09-21-2004, 06:37 AM

Hello,

I agree...call ASAP

I also had a bladder sling done. I woke one morning, stood up and all of a sudden I was standing in a huge puddle. For me, it was bladder spasms. But please, call your doctor to make sure it's nothing more serious.
Unread 09-21-2004, 10:19 PM
Cool - Talk about embarrassing!!! Talk about embarrassing!!!

grbayfan,
I had the same thing happen to me at five weeks post op. I just posted a message on here titled Birch procedure Scheduled. Mine was due to a vaginal bladder repair my Dr. did during my Hyst. It came un-done, and now my bladder, and bladder neck have fallen down. I am not sure what is causing yours, and I agree, you need to call your Doctor. I hope this helped. You are not alone, please know that. Good luck, I know how you feel. If you want to send an e-mail with any questions feel free.
Unread 09-22-2004, 07:54 AM

Hi ladies,

Thank you so much for your replies. I called my surgeon and they want me to see a urologist, but due to insurance procedures, I had to see my PCP first. I saw my PCP yesterday and luckily, he agreed that I needed to see one and he is going to refer me asap. The joy of insurance procedures.....

This is the first time this has happened to me. I have been wearing pantiliners and have been soaking them up with urine (sorry, kinda gross). Just this morning I had the urge I had to urinate a lot, but only a little came out. I wonder what is up with that? Oh, and last night I saw tiny little pieces (clear looking with a little light brown color to them) when I wiped (sorry, gross I know) after urinating. They almost look like tiny stitches or something. Has anyone had this happen?

Thanks for your support, I really do appreciate it.

Becky

Unread 09-22-2004, 08:45 AM
Talking - Talk about embarrassing!!! see the Urologist

Yes, that had happened to me @ weeks post-op. The nurse told me that was common. I too have problems with my bladder but my M.D. told me it can take up to 6 months for my bladder to get its strength back!?!?!? I don't know, I made an appointment with the urologist as well. I had an accident at work the other day. Out of nowhere the urine came. Thank goodness I work at a hospital and had scrubs to change into. Hang in there and get that appointment with Urologist.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register