what a mix up | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

what a mix up what a mix up

Unread 04-12-2005, 09:33 PM
what a mix up

I had my 6 month PET/CT on Friday and the results were faxed to my work today,
It said there is a few suspicious spots where the surgical procedure was six weeks ago which may be attributed to healing irritation, but they can't " rule out the remote possibility of a recurrence". Then it said that the broken rib that showed on last Octobers scan was healed and this was weird, because the report from October had said nothing about broken rib! The October report had been word for word like the previous one in April and all good. I checked the dates on my copies of the earlier scans and saw that they never sent me October's results, but had resent Aprils. No wonder they were word for word! I had beem too interested in reading the results to check the dates, just assumed it was correct. They sent the easrlir results to my Dr. too.
I had them fax last Octobers scan and sure enough it said I had a broken rib and mentioned the same suspicious activity, which could indicate a recurrence or be due to a recent procedure I had recently undergone, for all the bowel issues If anything this most recent scan was better than the one in October. It really is a blessing because that October scan would have worried us. Please check results and paperwork carefully, because Dr's offices are busy and mistakes are probably made more often then we know
Still don't knoiw how I broke the rib Love and prayers to all
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-13-2005, 01:26 AM
what a mix up

Thank you for your post. It is a reminder to use all that Doctors and their offices are reugular people that can make mistakes too, Their margin for error is slimmer than the rest of the population..but it can happen!

Your post is also a reminder that we are our best advocates and should help in managing the details as the outomes are more precious to us than anyone else.

Lane
Unread 04-13-2005, 04:24 AM
what a mix up

A broken rib, my goodness that sounds painful. Glad you're ok now.

Regarding dr's mistakes, a few weeks ago I requested a copy of my Path report. When it arrived, my gyn also sent me a letter telling me that a mistake had been made on their part, and that I needed to have check-ups every 4-6 months rather than every 12 months which they originally advised me. This mistake only came to light when I requested my path report. My records had been filed away and would not have been brought out again until my 12 month check-up was due.

So yes, you're right, we do have to be very careful and check things, as mistakes can easily be made, some of which we cannot afford to happen!

Best wishes to you

Geraldine
Unread 04-13-2005, 07:24 AM
what a mix up

(((Debbie)))

You wrote: "It really is a blessing because that October scan would have worried us..." Bless you Debbie for finding something positive in what many would have seen as only a negative. I also 100 percent agree that we all need to "check results and paperwork carefully, because Dr's offices are busy and mistakes are probably made more often then we know.." I've had an experience where biopsies even have been mixed up so don't ever hesitate to question if a report,etc. may seems remiss.

Most importantly, I want to say I am very glad your recent report came back better than the others. Pls let us know how you are doing and take care of yourself.

s and blessings, peggiesue
Unread 04-13-2005, 09:17 AM
what a mix up

s Debbie

So in the end things are looking pretty good, right?
You are just one incredible lady!!!
A true icon of strength and courage!!!
I just know you are enjoying this spring.
Any hiking lately with those young people?
Thinking of you often.

oxoxo karenann
Unread 04-13-2005, 10:03 AM
Watching

I fully agree and watching what is sent and questioning. I'm glad things are looking good. How'd you get that broken rib? Do you recall it at all?
Unread 04-13-2005, 10:09 AM
what a mix up

Good to hear from you, Debbie. In fact, given all the people they see on a daily basis, I am surprised that there aren't more oversights in doctors' offices. I am very careful, though, with my doctors to make sure that everyone is communicating with the right people and that all of my doctors have my most recent test results, etc.

It all goes back to what we hear here all the time: Be your own advocate. Pay attention to everything.

Amazing about that broken rib, isn't it?? I'm glad it wasn't painful for you.

All the best,
Unread 04-13-2005, 04:52 PM
what a mix up

What a mixup! Yeup, we have to stay on top of this stuff. Glad to hear all else is well!

Great to hear from you, Debbie...you've always been an inspiration! Please stay well.
xoxo
K9

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register