Scheduled TAH period | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 04-11-2012, 11:07 AM
period

Im going to surgery Monday the 16th and started today I know its going to be one of those 10 day things. wonder if it will effect my ability to have the surgery. Im also having a stage2 bladder prolapse fixed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-11-2012, 11:14 AM
Re: period

It shouldn't be a problem, many women have hysters due to severe chronic bleeding. :-) If you're worried about it, you could call your doctor.
Unread 04-11-2012, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatzow View Post
Im going to surgery Monday the 16th and started today I know its going to be one of those 10 day things. wonder if it will effect my ability to have the surgery.
I had my LSH on April 4 which turned out to be day 6 for me. I was having some discharge so when i changed into my gown they gave me some disposable panties (which were like boyshorts) and a pad to put on. Post surgery I had minimal spotting which ended that same day. I had brought a pad with me to wear home the next day (I only stayed overnight at the castle) and it was clean all day!!

Celebrate your last period, yay!!

I woudn't think it should be a problem, but if you have any concerns at all you should call your doc to make sure and give yourself peace of mind.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-11-2012, 11:53 AM

Thank you! Im having the Op due to a prolapse and heavy bleeding. Im so happy its about to be over 3 years after my youngest was born. Now I have to address the bladder issue too. But I guess its better to do it all at onnce and be done with it.
Unread 04-11-2012, 01:13 PM

Many women have hysterectomies while they're on their periods because everything else failed to stop the bleeding. Years ago I had a D & C with polyp removal while on my period. My hysterectomy is on April 24 and I started spotting yesterday so that means I'll be on the heavy part of my period during my surgery. Buh-bye Aunt Flo.
Unread 04-12-2012, 01:11 PM

I went 9 weeks without having a period, then lo and behold she showed up 3 days before my surgery! Dr. said it was no problem and went ahead as planned. Guess Aunt Flo wanted to have the last laugh, the joke was on her! Good luck to you and see you on the other side!
Unread 04-12-2012, 06:33 PM

Gators,
Mine started right before my surgery too. Went into the palace with a period left the palace without it. Just let the nurses know when you get there and they'll take care of you.
Lots of hugs

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register