Sneezing | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 04-16-2003, 05:09 PM
Sneezing

Does sneezing still cause pain for some of you other sisters who are beyond 8 weeks post-op? Just curious.......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-16-2003, 05:22 PM
Sneezing

((((((((((skiergirl)))))))))))),

I am 3 1/2 months post and I don't remember when sneezes

stopped hurting ,but it has been a while now. Sorry I couldn't be

more specific.

Pamcat
Unread 04-16-2003, 08:22 PM
Sneezing

I am only 9 1/2 weeks post now, but WOW do they still hurt a LOT!!!!! My sister is a year and 1/2 post now and she said it took her about 4 months. Wishing I stop SOON!!! Good luck and know you are NOT alone!!!!

Kathy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-17-2003, 12:13 AM
ahchooo!!!!

Whistler,

I had my surgery the day after you, and yep it still hurts me to sneeze too. Still some weak insides going on I geuss???

Like you, I'm hoping for the day when I don't have to clutch my abdomen to sneeze! Good luck....they say it gets better!

Weasel :nose:
Unread 04-17-2003, 03:54 PM
Sneezing

I am 6 weeks post op and I am happy to say that it no longer hurts to sneeze. Good thing too because it's now allergy season and I sneeze all the time. I believe it stopped hurting me around 4 weeks post op. Good luck with your sneezing and keep that pillow handy.

Pam- abdominal hyst, kept ovaries
Unread 04-17-2003, 04:02 PM
Sneezing

Maybe I'm just weird, but my body wouldn't let me sneeze for two weeks. I never had to., That sure was helpful

I remember that, because my first one didn't hurt as much as I thought it would.

Guess I got lucky there.

Phoebe
Unread 04-17-2003, 04:02 PM
Haven't thought about sneezing

I'm 12 days post op and I guess I haven't sneezed since surgery. Maybe I shouldn't have said anything, now I'll probably catch a cold. I imagine that sneezing could not be any worse than the dreaded coughing they make you to to clear your lungs after surgery. 5 days post-op, I got choked and I thought I was going to pop something. I was in the living room and my dh and ds were in the other room. No one came to check on me when I was choking and obviously I couldn't yell for help. When I regained my composure, you bet I could yell them and did they get it!
Pam
Unread 04-17-2003, 04:12 PM
Haven't thought about sneezing

If you thought coughing was bad, believe me sneezing is much worse. I had some coughing after surgery due to post nasal drip. It was worse than surgical pain. I felt the urge to sneeze a couple times in the days following surgery but was able to stop them. About 2 weeks post op I had a sneeze slip out and I thought I busted open everything. I didn't of course but it sure felt like it. So then I tried to diffuse sneezes as much as I could with the pillow. It helped a little. Thank goodness that improved. Now If I could only sleep at night. Good luck!

Pam
abdominal hyst 3/5/03 kept ovaries
Unread 04-17-2003, 05:14 PM
sneezing

i am only 13 days post op...started sneezing this morning..!! thought i ripped my insides out!! i would surely hope the hurting would be over by 8 weeks..sorry you still have pain!
TAH,OVARY REMOVED, APPEDECTOMY..FIBROIDS, CYSTS,
Unread 04-17-2003, 05:31 PM
It's not that bad

I really shouldn't complain about sneezing as it's my only remaining discomfort. Thanks for your input everyone.

Hey Weasel, maybe it's something special for us February princesses!!! I was close to your neck of the woods last September. We did a hiking holiday in Banff and Jasper Parks. At that point, I just thought my belly roundness was due to forty-something weight gain.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register