Scheduled LAVH i have heard | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 03-05-2013, 09:33 PM
i have heard

So my girlfriend at work had lavh last summer and im scheduled on Thursday. She told me that she went thru some depression and grieved the loss of her uterus. Is that normal for everyone? ..... im now becoming very calm.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-05-2013, 10:34 PM
Re: i have heard

There are a lot of emotions involved with this surgery. Some people experience depression and feelings of loss and some don't. Because each person is different, we are all effected differently.

Just speaking for myself, I had no emotional attachment to my uterus so I didn't miss it and felt no sense of loss. I thought at one time during recovery that maybe I should have felt some sorrow, but all that I felt was relief and I was darn happy that my life could only change for the better.

So it's okay to be calm. Nothing wrong with that at all
Unread 03-05-2013, 10:53 PM
i have heard

Quote:
Originally Posted by kstegall View Post
So my girlfriend at work had lavh last summer and im scheduled on Thursday. She told me that she went thru some depression and grieved the loss of her uterus. Is that normal for everyone? ..... im now becoming very calm.
I did have a heck of a good cries over losing my uterus. Not because it makes me more woman... But because it was part of me. Was my gift and the only reason I was blessed with my LOs.
Is sad still... But I know it was for the best.
Good luck to you sister.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-05-2013, 11:13 PM

Thank you. I am excited for it all to be over. I cant wait for next few months. I want to feel the change and do what ever i want with out the prescription drugs and my heating pad. Oh i will not miss any of it.
Unread 03-06-2013, 03:07 AM

I'll admit... I'm a little conflicted over it. Even though I've had years of issues and spent the last 11 months (straight) bleeding with increasing ABD/pelvic pain despite med changes, etc... I think part of me was still in denial that this is where I'd end up. At 29 (now just turned 30), no biologic kids of my own (I do have 2 step children)... it's a little tough.
I'm trying to remind myself that it's a crappy, broken organ that has NEVER served me well and good riddance to it!
Hah....
But honestly? I'm a little sad.
I'm worried about crazy hormonal swings afterwards. Even though I'm hopefully keeping my ovaries. I have PCOS and have really struggled the last couple years to get my hormones where they need to be...
I'm worried that while I *know* losing my uterus doesn't make me "any less of woman" I will still feel that way around all my fertile-mertyl, baby toting 20-30something peers.
I'm frustrated that my husband is now having to take care of me through another surgery. I'm sure it gets old taking care of my whiney, hormonal stubborn self. I worry that this could impact our sex life... or even how he sees me (the latter being a ridiculous, irrational fear.. but it's still there)

So..... I don't know that it's actually the losing of the uterus that makes me sad... just some of the things that go along with it. But hopefully things will only be BETTER after this is done and over with next week!

Goodbye crappy, dysfunctional organ and all the sickness and drama it's caused me.
Unread 03-06-2013, 04:43 AM

For me personally I can only quote Macbeth "Out Out **** Uterus!"
Unread 03-06-2013, 04:54 AM

I didn't cry or get upset. I was free of the constant pain and bleeding...
Unread 03-06-2013, 05:26 AM

I didn't feel sad and haven't missed it at all! Good luck and happy healing!
Unread 03-06-2013, 06:19 AM
i have heard

Quote:
Originally Posted by 907 View Post
I'll admit... I'm a little conflicted over it. Even though I've had years of issues and spent the last 11 months (straight) bleeding with increasing ABD/pelvic pain despite med changes, etc... I think part of me was still in denial that this is where I'd end up. At 29 (now just turned 30), no biologic kids of my own (I do have 2 step children)... it's a little tough.
I'm trying to remind myself that it's a crappy, broken organ that has NEVER served me well and good riddance to it!
Hah....
But honestly? I'm a little sad.
I'm worried about crazy hormonal swings afterwards. Even though I'm hopefully keeping my ovaries. I have PCOS and have really struggled the last couple years to get my hormones where they need to be...
I'm worried that while I *know* losing my uterus doesn't make me "any less of woman" I will still feel that way around all my fertile-mertyl, baby toting 20-30something peers.
I'm frustrated that my husband is now having to take care of me through another surgery. I'm sure it gets old taking care of my whiney, hormonal stubborn self. I worry that this could impact our sex life... or even how he sees me (the latter being a ridiculous, irrational fear.. but it's still there)

So..... I don't know that it's actually the losing of the uterus that makes me sad... just some of the things that go along with it. But hopefully things will only be BETTER after this is done and over with next week!

Goodbye crappy, dysfunctional organ and all the sickness and drama it's caused me.
@907....I'm in the same boat as you. No biological kids of my own but am mourning the loss of everything that goes along with it *sigh*
Unread 03-06-2013, 06:25 AM

woopie!!! Party time!!! I can now sit in any flippin chair I want and not have to worry about staining it!!! YES!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register