I am now officially scared out of my mind | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I am now officially scared out of my mind I am now officially scared out of my mind

Unread 11-06-2006, 10:56 AM
I am now officially scared out of my mind

I saw a new doctor today. He was wonderful!
He is very concerned about all the pain I'm having and wants to do a ct scan to make sure there's nothing (gulp) sinsiter going on in my abodomen other than having a sore uterus.
Of course he told me a thousand different reasons why I am having pain, but when he said tumor or mass that's what my mind latched on to and won't let go.
I've always been sore and tender 'down there.' I absolutely hate pelvic exams and now that my uterus as at stage 3 prolapse I'm sore and tender 'down there' all the time.
I'm just scared silly. If I had cancer wouldn't I be dead by now? It's been nearly a year after all. Also, just having my poor uterus bangin around in my belly for ten months, that sounds reasonable that everything would be tender.
I'm glad for the ct scan. But I'm scared to death at the same time.
I need some reasuurance.
Hugs to all
BG
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-06-2006, 10:58 AM

Dear BG, Keep positive thoughts! It is already a blessing that you like your new doctor! Good luck and take good care of yourself! Hallie
Unread 11-06-2006, 11:10 AM

BG, I know how you feel. The first doctor I saw was an Internal Medicine doctor who had the bedside manner of a, well, I can't think of anything awful enough to call him. I was passing palm sized clots, was in horrible pain and thought I was dying. He ordered all kinds of tests, didn't tell me why and basically told me I needed to stop worrying about it until the test results came back. Then when it was time for the results he wouldn't return my calls. My husband went to his office and demanded that my records be moved over to another doctor (ob/gyn) and all of the sudden he was nice as could be.

My new doctor is heavenly. He told me to "try" to not worry, but also told my why the tests were requested and what the results were.

If you like your doctor that helps tremendously. I know it's hard, especially when you're in pain. If you look normal on the outside, it's hard for people to understand that you're in a great amount of pain, especially when it's been going on for so long. Be kind to yourself - there's nothing wrong with being scared, and know that you have us to talk to.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-06-2006, 11:21 AM

Dear BG,
Rewind to two weeks ago and I am right where you are now! After my CT scan they continued to talk about mass, tumor, etc. and "horrors" said it was most likely cancer! I know the fear you are feeling! Although no promises can be made, I will tell you that as soon as I came to after my total abdominal hysterectomy (because they were expecting cancer!), the pathology report came back 100% benign!
Consider that right now they have to tell you all of the possibilities! You will find it impossible to not imagine all the "what ifs", but in some respects I found this a good thing. As my doctor told me, "prepare for the worst, and hope for the best". Many prayers were offered on my behalf and I did end up with the best possible result. In addition, I no longer have a swollen belly from my mass (which I am told was a 6 inch fibroid weighing a half pound and some adenmyosis (if I spelled that right!), and I don't feel like I have to "pee" constantly. I thought that was just my age! I have a friend who also had a huge fibroid removed (they diagnosed hers pre-surgery) and she said she can't believe how much better she feels since it is out! Regarding what is growing inside of you, try very hard to not take your thoughts too far afield until you get the results of your CT scan. And even then, I am living proof that doctors cannot always make an accurate diagnosis (of cancer, for instance), based on the scan. Even then, they may talk about the "worst", just in case! I really do want to know how this all comes out for you! (No pun intended!) I will be praying for you every day! I don't know if you have any spiritual beliefs, but I can tell you that the Lord clearly told me to trust HIm - no matter what - and as hard as it was - I did! May you feel His love and presence. Love, heavenblessed
Unread 11-06-2006, 11:29 AM

Hi BG,

I had some abdominal pain and requested an ultrasound. Based on those findings they did a CT Scan and that is what got me back into my OBGYN's office for the exam and scheduling of my surgery. At his office he said well, you've always had these cystic ovaries and the hydrosalpinx and fibroids.

Of course I've been scared and afraid and worried myself silly and then the other day I called my doctor's office and actually was able to speak to him. He was flipping through my chart to answer a question I had about transfusions (yes I am grasping at straws) and he said "really I would not be worried although there could be complications I don't expect them and the only reason we are doing this is to stop the amount of pain and bleeding you are having."

So although I am still worrying because they may find something different than what they anticipate I am also trying to have faith that God will see me through to a healthier me.

Heavenblessed....any extra prayers you have could sure be used this way.

les
Unread 11-06-2006, 12:31 PM

Hang in there. Please please use the sisters in this site to lean on. I have been doing that and there are some really great people out there. They will be there no matter what time you turn on your computer. I will say a prayer for you.
Unread 11-06-2006, 12:59 PM

The CT scan can give your doc a good picture of what is going on. It doesn't detect cancer.It doesn't hurt either. I will pray for peace for you. Kim
Unread 11-06-2006, 01:10 PM

Hi BG! I feel your pain. I'm having a TAH /BSO on Nov. 15th. I've kept busy getting my house and family in tip top shape. I am usually the strong person in my family. Its amazing how helpless I feel. You are not alone. Thanks to all the support from all the hyster sisters I know others are feeling the same way and we're not alone. I wish you the best. You're in my thoughts and prayers!
Unread 11-06-2006, 02:56 PM

Dear Pangur 62,
You have been added to my prayer list! May God bless you richly - even through this experience!
I will be keeping your surgery date in mind, and hope to hear that all has gone amazingly well for you! Remember when you keep your thoughts focused on Him, He will give you perfect peace! Love, heavenblessed
Unread 11-06-2006, 04:41 PM

Hang in there , try not to worry! I know it is easier said then done. Treat yourself to something nice like a manicure, pedicure or haircut and get things done at home in preparation for your surgery. You will be in my thoughts and prayers for an uneventful surgery, speedy recovery and good path report!
's
Barb

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register