TAH 3+ weeks post abdominal hysterectomy - bleeding of incision | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

3+ weeks post abdominal hysterectomy - bleeding of incision 3+ weeks post abdominal hysterectomy - bleeding of incision

Unread 10-11-2015, 06:00 PM
3+ weeks post abdominal hysterectomy - bleeding of incision

Hi - I had an abdominal hysterectomy on 9/18 I have been feeling pretty lousy - my pain isn't really controlled and today I noticed that my incision has pulled apart a bit and is bleeding. It's not completely open or bleeding a lot, it's just very sore and if I press a washcloth against it I notice blood. It's not completely torn apart, just the incision line has separated and the flaps of skin have come apart. Has anyone else had this happen or experiencing anything similar? Thanks! I hope everyone is feeling well
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-11-2015, 06:37 PM
Re: Help - bleeding of incision

Hi Leen - I've not had this happen but I can imagine the discomfort just thinking of how tender my incision felt in the beginning. I would really recommend you call your Dr's office. I think they should have a look at it to make sure it couldn't get worse. Perhaps they could put steri strips on it for a few days to hold it together so you skin has a chance to knit together a little better.

Wishing you comfort!
Unread 10-12-2015, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neekers View Post
Hi Leen - I've not had this happen but I can imagine the discomfort just thinking of how tender my incision felt in the beginning. I would really recommend you call your Dr's office. I think they should have a look at it to make sure it couldn't get worse. Perhaps they could put steri strips on it for a few days to hold it together so you skin has a chance to knit together a little better.

Wishing you comfort!
Thank you so much. I called them this morning.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-12-2015, 09:03 AM

Good luck. Let us know how your Dr. resolves this for you. I am also 3 weeks and have concerns about that because I am a very slow healer.
Unread 10-13-2015, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sistermichelle View Post
Good luck. Let us know how your Dr. resolves this for you. I am also 3 weeks and have concerns about that because I am a very slow healer.
Saw the doctor today - they think I am having a reaction to the internal sutures. They "gently" pulled the edges apart to clean out any fluid (this involved a lot of tears on my part lol) and told me to keep it covered with antibiotic ointment. They cultured it just to be sure, but don't feel that it's infected. Thanks again for the support
Unread 10-13-2015, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leen1741 View Post
Saw the doctor today - they think I am having a reaction to the internal sutures. They "gently" pulled the edges apart to clean out any fluid (this involved a lot of tears on my part lol) and told me to keep it covered with antibiotic ointment. They cultured it just to be sure, but don't feel that it's infected. Thanks again for the support
Thank God for an easy fix. Sorry it was painful though. Just a little set back for you , now you're on your way. Thanks for the update. Get well sister.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register