sex, again | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 03-20-2004, 07:02 PM
sex, again

I hear that a lot of ladies feel better about sex after they have had their hysts because of no more pain, bleeding ect,
Well, I would like to hear from someone who didn't have all the pain and bleeding. I am having a hsyst because of atypia cells. Never had cramps,never had heavy bleeding, never had pain during intercourse, never worried about getting pregnant. So, is there anyone out there in my situation? and if there is How was sex after the hyst with no overies, but I am keeping my cervix.
I would appreciate any and all comments.
P
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-20-2004, 07:34 PM
sex, again

Hi - I had no problems with sex, I had my TAH for fibroids and painful periods. The sex afterwards is just as good, but the orgasms for me are a bit different. I guess there are clitoral orgasms and also orgasms that your uterus will contract, and I used to have really powerful orgasms where I could feel my uterus contract and now since it's gone, the orgasms aren't as powerful, but they are still there. They are just clitoral.
Unread 03-20-2004, 07:50 PM
I once read!!!

Yes, there are two different types of the BIG"O". Never had any difficult with sex either, well a little discomfort in the morning due to full lowered bladder, nothing major. I once read in a sex manual that the g/ spot located somewhere around the clitoris or clit is where the majority of women feel the Big"o". That this is usually stimulated manually, orally, etc. during lovemaking. Very few women can reach orgasm from intercourse only and it's not the uterus that contracts during intercourse, but the vaginal muscles around your male counterpart. So no need to worry about the Big "O" there are many possible ways it can be reached with just as much pleasure as before. When in doubt read a book on the subject of sex. Find something you'll want to try, Ive been married for 16 yrs. and believe me we women need things to keep our interest too in the same man day after day year after year. Gotta luv'm!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-20-2004, 08:48 PM
cervix

So did both of you keep your cervix?? My doc was going to take mine but I said I would like to try and keep it. He said ok, but now I wonder if I am doing the right thing.
P
Unread 03-20-2004, 08:52 PM
sex, again

I did not keep my cervix, because in the past I've had bad pap smears, with abnormal cells. I had the freezing surgery done on it and the Dr. thought it be best to take it so there would not be any risk for cervical cancer later in life.
Unread 03-20-2004, 08:56 PM
sex, again

Hello Ladies
I just wanted to tell my little story. I have had everything removed and I have had a few orgasms without the foreplay. And my insight on this is that it is your vaginal muscles that contract when you have an orgasm and not the uterus. Because I don't have one so it has to be my vaginal muscle contracting. But the orgasms I am having now are just the same as before my surgery. But I don't always get there either. I am on anti-depressants and anti-anxiety drugs too so that doesn't help either. And the fact that my DH can't wait for the gate to open (if you know what I mean.) He tells me that I it feels too good to him and he can't wait. He does feel bad though. Poor guy!
I go this Tues. to see a Nurse Practitioner to have her do a hormone check on me and hopefully I will start the bio-identical hormones soon. And I am hoping my libido rises from the dead.
The synthetic drugs aren't working for me.
I am also reading Suzanne Sommers book "The Sexy Years" so I can understand what imbalanced hormones do to us. I will let you all know if the bio-identical hormones change things for the better for me. I can hardly wait.
Lots of hugs! Pam
Unread 03-20-2004, 09:09 PM
sex, again

Thanks for the info. I just saw that Suzanne Somers on HSN today talking about "the sexy years". Maybe I should look into reading that. Seems I don't have a desire so much anymore. My Dr. has me on Paxil, so maybe that is affecting my libido.
Unread 03-20-2004, 10:02 PM
sex, again

Although I had painful periods, I they were only painful for a couple of days each month, and the bleeding was normal. What pushed me to the hyst was lesions. I kept my ovaries and lost my cervix. But to answer your actual question....

Sex was always one of the great pleasures my dh and I share......and it is no less pleasurable after the surgery. Actually, I don't notice ANY difference is the quality or quantity of my orgasms. Lubrication is about the same, vaginal feeling and muscle contractions are the same, too. I'm relieved--this is NOT an aspect of our lives that I wanted to change!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register