Anyone like me? I have 2 cervix, and 2 uterus | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anyone like me? I have 2 cervix, and 2 uterus Anyone like me? I have 2 cervix, and 2 uterus

Unread 04-19-2004, 05:49 PM
Anyone like me? I have 2 cervix, and 2 uterus

Is there anyone else in hystersister land with more reproductive parts than normal? Not only do I have the 2 cervix, 2 uterus deal I have 3 overies and 3 tubes. Man with all that extra stuff you would think I would be able to have a baby. No chance of that though. what do people mean when they say they have a 5cm fibroid and a 12 week uterus? what's that? When I have a pap smear done I have to have 2 of them. how embarrassing is that. Is there anyone like me? Have you had a hysterectomy? I wonder if it will be a longer surgery because I have extra? Will it take a little longer to recover? Is a hysterectomy an out-paitent surgery? Please if anyone has advise, tips anything would help me at this point. Will there be a hospital stay?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-19-2004, 06:13 PM

Hi

Welcome to HysterSisters! There is tons of information, advice, support, and s when you need them.

I'm pretty sure that although you have more parts than others do, most of the information will be the same. Some types of hysts may have shorter hosp stays than others. A TAH is often 2 days, Vag hysts 1 day, the all laparascopic may be 23 hours.

Check out the PreOp Hints and Articles (click here) PostOp Articles (click here) and Princess Stories (click here) for information and answers to help you get ready for surgery and what to expect after surgery. There is also an awesome resource link directory you can get to by clicking here or click Resources at the top of each page.

Also please be sure to read the info New Here? which can also be accessed from the top of every screen, for important information to help you get the most out of this site.

Read and research as much as possible to help you, in conjunction with your DR, make the best decisions for you.

Best wishes!
Unread 04-20-2004, 07:40 AM

Hi and welcome. I don't have the extras as you do but I do know of two patients who do (I work at a castle). So your not alone in this world. I hope that everything goes smoothe for you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-20-2004, 09:32 AM

brendamarie--

to answer your other questions, a 5 cm fibroid is a fibroid "tumor" that is a little less than 2 "; a 12-week uterus is a uterus that is approximately the size it would be with a pregnancy of 12 weeks duration in it.

I know you're not alone out there--at the birth control clinic where I worked once, there wa a patient with the same "equipment" as you, but only 2 ovaries. Have you asked your doctor what impact this will have on your surgery/recovery? That's probably the best place to get info.

Good luck!

Valarie
Unread 04-20-2004, 01:46 PM

In the book "Spiritual Midwifery" there is a chapter on women with "twin pipes" as they called it.

Very interesting, if you can get past the hippy language.

Sheanie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register