Dealing with the anger - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Posts from the Heart > Aching Hearts

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Dealing with the anger Dealing with the anger

Unread 12-25-2003, 12:34 PM
How is it going?

Was told you might want to know how things are going. In some ways, researching about my form of cancer has helped me formulate quetions to deal with the anger. Like I was told at the beginning of this, the anger seems to be a part of the grief process. No, I am not grieving the loss of the organ........just there are a lot of other things I have had to deal with that this surgery brought to the surface. My psych asked me the question as to why I was angry at my appointment. And when he asked, I found it easy to answer. What I was angry at was the feeling of not being taken seriously, as that had happened time and again. Once I could name the cause, I could begin dealing with it better.

Anyway, I think I am moving toward acceptance in this process of grief. Still a ways to go, but I am on my way.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-21-2004, 07:32 PM
an update

Well, I guess I was angry for good reason. I just had my post op appointment today -- set at 8 weeks by the gyno. when the doctor walked in to the appointment the first thing he asked was how my period were lately. I had to remind him that he had done a hysterectomy on me in November! He knew we had talked about one but had forgotten he had done one already!

Needless to say, I have an appointment tomorrow with my general practitioner so I can get some help with some problems I have been having with swelling and pain when I work. it is evening now and I think the shock is just wearing off. Like my dd noted, my laughter about the bizarreness of my gyno is more hysteria then amusement. This guy just cut out a major organ from me and effected my work and financial situation for weeks on end and he doesn't even remember he did the operation on me on my scheduled pre-op appointment? I will be fine but I will definately not be passing his office door for any reason. This is too bizarre, especially if you know the history before, as I have recorded in this thread.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register