Worried about the complications | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Worried about the complications Worried about the complications

Unread 07-20-2007, 07:05 AM
Worried about the complications

Hi Everyone:

I'm new to the HysterSister site and I'm so thankful to have found you all! I'm have a Adominal Hysterectomy on August 10 and I was okay with it it (this board has been great about pre & post opt things to expect and be prepared for in case theyhappen to you - thank you sisters). But lately people have been telling me stories about their Mom's or Aunts or Sister's etc. that have had hysterecomtomies and the bladder problems and the pro-lapsing internal organs and I should talk to my doctor about these things. The doc never mentioned any of this to me and what they can before to make sure none of these things happen. I'm so nervous about that. Because I don't want to go thru this surgery to only have to have surgery again. Any suggestions on what to talk to the doc about regarding this at my pre-op apt? Thanks for any help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-20-2007, 09:23 AM

This is the exact thing I wanted to ask about. I was doing ok with everything, then I went to the grocery store this morning and the cashier asked me about the wrist splint on my arm, well one thing led to another and she told me she had a hyster. at the same hospital as I'm going to, and she had to go back 2 more times, 1 for a bladder tack and the other for taking out part of her colon for some reason she didn't say. I've heared about other organs falling down after this surgery, I'm for sure going to ask my doc about this next week at pre-op.

Daisydame

PS- Isn't this site great!

TAH with possible BSO on the 27th
Unread 07-20-2007, 10:37 AM

Thanks Daisydame, I'm happy to hear of other people having the same concerns and hearing the same stories that I have been hearing. Same thing with me, I was doing fine until I heard these things. I am getting an even longer list of things to talk about with the doctor at my pre-op in two weeks. I'm just so nervous about all this stuff. Hopefully we will get all of our answers at the pre-op. Someone told me about the bladder tuck and some kind of mesh thing they can put in to keep your intestines in place. I'm really talking to her about that. Good Luck with your pre-op and your surgery next week. I'll be thinking about you on the 27th

Zelda Bean

P.S. - yes, this is a great site and I'm so thankful to have found it.

TAH on August 10
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-20-2007, 10:55 AM

Im right there with you on this one, i too am worried about any sort of complication either during surgery or after surgery, you name it and ill worry, i think im a born worryer anyway, but like my partner said, theres no point worrying about something thats not happened, he said to worry about it if it does happen, which he assures me wont He has just had major surgery himself, a triple heart bypass and he came through it, so i just have to focus on that, it did help at first but i still do worry, i guess its only natural.
Unread 07-20-2007, 11:28 AM
I had no problems

Hi Pre Ops, I read your posts and thought I'd give you a positive story. I am 8 weeks out and I'd hate for you to think that something bad is going to happen when things very often go really well. I am a perfect example. I had a TAH. They removed the cervix but left overies and everything went perfect for me.

I was reading posts on the Post Op boards before I went in too and I was totally freaked about bladder slings, rectoceles and things that they were discussing. I mentioned to my doc at my pre op appointment that I was "leaking" when I coughed or sneezed . She told me that I should have said something a lot earlier than that because there are tests to see if it necessary to fix it since it is a totally different surgery. I worreid my butt off about it and in the end just removing my gingantious uterus solved my "leak" problem.

It is wise to know that there are other procedures that are done along with a hyster but I'd be sure to check with your doctor to see if they apply to you. Just ask about things early on if you can.
Unread 07-31-2007, 05:23 AM
Thanks

Thanks to all of you that have given me some piece of mind. I have my pre-op apt. this morning so I am ready with questions. But it is so good to hear from others who are concerned or have been there. Good Luck to my Hystersisters who surgeries are coming up shortly and to those of you that are recovering or on here to help us all out. Each of you are in my thoughts and prayers.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register