If I wasn't scared before now I am... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

If I wasn't scared before now I am... If I wasn't scared before now I am...

Unread 08-28-2009, 09:59 PM
If I wasn't scared before now I am...

Hi everyone,
I just went on a website through the HERS Foundation and they have this video clip of all of the things that can not be so good about having a hysterectomy. Ahhhh! I think I will NEVER go anywhere else except here. Is it all that bad? I am in such hope that I will be so much happier and feel so much better and now ugh, I am mortified of all of the bad. Please let me know if I am being a bit over board, LOL! Also, is it normal to be crying ALL of the time the closer I get to my surgery? I don't know what is going on but I haven't cried this much since I can not remember. I am so tired and overwealmed by all of it. Wishing it would get here tomorrow. Thank you for all of you help and kind words. This is truly a blessing to have come across this site!

Autumn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-28-2009, 10:16 PM
Re: If I wasn't scared before now I am...

Good Lord those websites scare the daylights out of you don't they?! Ignore them....millions of women have hysterectomies and most breeze through it...I was lucky enough to....no complications and menopause is a lot easier than the PMS and horrible periods I had....honestly this surgery was the best thing I ever did! I cried for weeks before and was terrified but it really wasn't that bad....it's been 7 weeks and I ITCH like crazy but feel better than before surgery...much better!
Unread 08-28-2009, 10:18 PM

(((loveleighone)))

Before my surgery date I found this web site. Being armed with information is great, and sometimes to much information can be overwhelming.
Dont be afraid. Everyones body is unique. Focus on the positive and how much better you will feel once you recover. Its a journey and we are here for each other. Its a great support team available 24/7. It doesnt get better than that. You are not going overboard this is a big deal. I am healing a bit slower than I expected, but back at work and slowly working my way back to the gym.
Take care and keep us updated on your countdown.
Rember
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-28-2009, 10:19 PM

I am still disappointed that I won't grow the fangs that someone said HERS promised after having surgery.

I haven't been to their site but I might check it out just to see how they are scaring people.

I think you will find more truth and comfort here.
Unread 08-28-2009, 10:28 PM

I checked out their website and it really is sad. Half of the side effects/risks don't make sense to me any way. According to them many sexual problems were reported from a percentage of 1000 women within the first 60 days. How many were having sex before they should have? How many women really felt like having sex 4 to 6 weeks post op? Is that a fair question? I know I didn't after having kids, so I guess they should make that a risk of having children too? LOL
Unread 08-28-2009, 10:53 PM

Whew! I went to their website to see what was going on with them. If I had discovered their website, before finding this one, I would have been a nut case. My goodness their "FACTS" are scary and when you go into the blogs, well enough said.
Unread 08-29-2009, 12:01 AM

HERS scared me too and I came back here for detox! Whew....
Unread 08-29-2009, 12:07 AM

I stear clear of HERS. Their mission is to scare women away from hysts and there doesn't seem to be much they aren't willing to do to accomplish that goal.

A hyst is a major surgery and not all of them are problem free. However, I don't believe the average recovery is anything like what you read on HERS.

Check out some of the stories here. The hystersisters share the good and the bad and we are here for each other
Unread 08-29-2009, 08:28 AM

I watched a video on one of my procedures....... would not do that again.

I love this site.
Unread 08-29-2009, 09:08 AM

I was told by my doctor to come here. I was told by him NOT to go to hers. He said there's a lot of misinformation on that site, and that it is worthless when it comes to support. So he sent me here. I wouldn't even go to check it out since he said not to, heh. Listen hun, it's a surgery, and there is always a chance that something unforeseen will happen... HOWEVER!!! I would talk to my doctor about my fears and see what he/she has to say. For example: I had this fear that when they were done taking out my uterus, the top of my vaginal canal would just be hanging open and my intestines would slip out. Turns out, it's not that ridiculous, since, well, that's the reason they started closing it up to begin with ;P
My eyes leak all the time. I have no help there. Its hard to balance finally being well with the sense of loss I feel. I expect it's the same for you. hang in there, all the posts I've read from women who were sick solace me. They were horribly ill, and now they have their lives back, they feel well, and the world is moving on with them in stride. Cling to that hun. We'll be there soon
Edit! I went to this site. I'm sorry hun, brush it off. The numbers that they have posted on that site mean nothing. My reasons why: there is no data. Women who felt a certain way after the surgery, what kind of surgery? was it full or partial? did that include ovaries or not? a broad sweeping generalization of how women felt after, or was it during, or even before? doesn't mean much to me. When were these polls taken? the day before surgery? the day after? in the 6-8 week recovery period? When? See, numbers, without actual information mean little. The words used on the site to me, seem to be for the purpose of inciting terror. Hmmm, a terrorist website about hysterectomy anyone? I do not find this site to be legit, in my opinion, and with the sisters on this site telling you that they don't either, I would listen.
I leave you with this, hysterectomy, according to this site, is a 17billion dollar industry a year. I have a hard time believing that the man who cried with me over the news, is trying to squeeze money out of me. I have a hard time believing that the man who tried every other option first, as per my request to keep my uterus, is trying to squeeze money out of me to "snorfledoodle" me. That word is ridiculous, and I am infuriated that they use such horrific terminology in order to scare women out of taking steps to better their quality of life. Hugs sister! We're all going to be ok.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register