3 Weeks Post-Op & Spotting | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

3 Weeks Post-Op & Spotting 3 Weeks Post-Op & Spotting

Unread 01-24-2013, 07:20 PM
3 Weeks Post-Op & Spotting

Ok, so my surgery was Jan 2nd and a few days ago I started spotting and having lower back & hip pain. I called the Dr. In the a.m. And they told me if its not red blood it's normal. It's not a lot of spotting and it's brown in color (sorry if that's TMI). I almost feel like I'm having a mild period. Is that weird? Then I looked at my period app and it says I would have had my period in five days had I not had my hysterectomy. Could I be ovulating??? I'm so confused...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-26-2013, 11:28 AM
Re: 3 Weeks Post-Op & Spotting

Did you keep your cervix? If so having mini periods is not unusual. Yes, you could be ovulating also as your kept your ovary(s), but that wouldn't necessarily cause spotting.

Unread 01-26-2013, 04:10 PM

My cervix was removed. So I guess that's why I'm so confused...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-26-2013, 07:09 PM

It's normal to start bleeding 3 wks post op. It's just your body healing...and stitches dissolving. Very normal!
Unread 01-26-2013, 07:14 PM
3 Weeks Post-Op & Spotting

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvlife74 View Post
It's normal to start bleeding 3 wks post op. It's just your body healing...and stitches dissolving. Very normal!
Thank you so much!!! My Dr office said it was normal but they didn't tell the Dr or explain what it was. So I've felt kind worried about it.
Unread 01-26-2013, 07:19 PM

I have come to the realization that female nurses sometimes know more than the dr especially when it comes to women issues. I was worried also about that time post op..I also had a mild odor that worried me. The nurse put my mind at ease and she was right. The next day it was gone. I actually spotted on and off for weeks after the 1st week post op.
Unread 01-26-2013, 07:37 PM

How long can we expect the spotting? What's "normal". I'm just over 3 weeks post-op. Still very sore too.
Unread 01-26-2013, 09:52 PM

I will be 3 weeks post op on Wednesday and started doing the same thing, nothing heavy just brown end of period light blood. My doctor told me last Thursday at my check up that it's caused by the stiches healing and dissolving as well as said that he thinks that I might have gotten a small yeast infection from the strong antibiotic's that were given to me in my I.V (I'm prone to those). He sent out a script for me but stupid butt Wal-Mart lost my meds! Gotta wait till Monday to call and inform him that they messed up and lost my meds.
Unread 01-27-2013, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambchops View Post
I will be 3 weeks post op on Wednesday and started doing the same thing, nothing heavy just brown end of period light blood. My doctor told me last Thursday at my check up that it's caused by the stiches healing and dissolving as well as said that he thinks that I might have gotten a small yeast infection from the strong antibiotic's that were given to me in my I.V (I'm prone to those). He sent out a script for me but stupid butt Wal-Mart lost my meds! Gotta wait till Monday to call and inform him that they messed up and lost my meds.
See that's what I'm afraid of because I am very prone to yeast infections with the administration of antibiotics. And if left untreated it usually turns into a UTI. Well, I'm sorry you had problems with your script I know that can be so frustrating! Hang in there and I hope you get some relief soon. Big Hugs!!!
Unread 01-27-2013, 08:34 AM

Hi all,
I am 23 days past post-op and just started spotting as well. My right side is very tender, more so than other incisions. Is this normal? Also, I get these sharp little shooting pains, very random. This must be normal? I am walking 1.5 miles per day.....slowly. Are any of you uncomfortable driving in car as I am?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register