4 days to go & questions? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

4 days to go & questions? 4 days to go & questions?

Unread 01-19-2001, 05:07 PM
4 days to go & questions?

Hi everyone. I am new at posting here, but have been reading info on this site for a few months now. When I first read that the waiting was the hardest part, wondered what all the fuss was about!! It has now landed on me with full force with just 4 days to go. My nerves are so bad and I'm driving my DH crazy. I am scheduled for a TVH for prolapse with bladder repair, and am wondering what kind of pads to bring with me. Are medium pads ok, or can I get by with Panty Liners? Gyno said I would have a catheter in for a few days till stitches in bladder healed up, but no mention was made of a tube sticking out of my tummy and of course I didn't know enough to ask details on this procedure. This site has been a wonderful source of info and as everyone else has said numerous times, just want to get it over with!!

Bella
TVH
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-19-2001, 05:52 PM

Hi Bella,

I took both panti-liners and regular pads with me to the hospital. The panti-liners worked fine for me. Funny how the waiting sneaks up on you! There's a post right now on the post-op board about waiting being the worst part. If you haven't seen it already, you might want to look at it.

Good luck!
Unread 01-19-2001, 07:36 PM

Hi Bella,
I'm not sure about the "tube" coming out of your stomach..but I would call the Doctor's office and find out.I think the more information you have the more relaxed you'll feel regarding the surgery. I wrote a list of questions for my Doc and took it with me to the pre-op appointment. I later wanted clarification on a question..so spoke to the Physician's nurse. I took very thin panti liners to the hospital but only needed one the first day. Good Luck to you! Everything will be alright.

John3:16
TAH 11/29/2000
Uterine Leiomyoma
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-19-2001, 09:19 PM

Hi!
Please try not to worry too much. It's amazing how truly caring and attentive the hospital staff is. It's almost like being at a luxury hotel. Well...not quite.

You may be referring to a drainage tube. I had one at the corner of my bikini cut. It was left there for a day or two after surgery, it had a clear rubber ball on the end that collected fluid and the nurses would check it and empty it periodically. It never had much in it. Then the doctor removed it by gently pulling it out. That part did hurt, so I recommend a dose of painkiller beforehand, if you have a drainage tube too!

Actually, referring back to your post, you are having a TVH--mine was abdominal. Maybe other sisters can advise you better--but I doubt you will have any external incision unless your surgery is lap assisted.

Think positive thoughts....and trust that all will go as it should.
Hugs,
Nina

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register