What is TOT? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 01-10-2009, 02:39 PM
What is TOT?

I was looking over some paperwork from the Dr. and it says TOT. Is that the bladder sling or something else?
Thanks, Kris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-10-2009, 03:23 PM
What is TOT?

I am not 100% positive but I believe its surgery on the bladder and/or urethra to help with involuntary urine leakage.
if you like, go up on this page (right hand corner) to where it says "search" and write something like TOT procedure and see what you find from other sisters here.
Unread 01-10-2009, 07:10 PM
What is TOT?

Kris,

Did your doctor mention a bladder sling to you? It sounds like you're having one done. TOT is the abbreviation for Transobturator Tape and it is a suburethral tension-free sling.

Best wishes for your upcoming surgery.

Deb
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-10-2009, 07:19 PM
What is TOT?

Hi--that is the procedure that I had--it is supposed to be safer (less complications) than the traditional TVT procedure. If you google "tot bladder sling picture" you should get some more information on it.

So far it is working wonderfully for me--no more wet panties when I cough, laugh or sneeze! Hopefully I will have many years of dry panties, LOL!
Unread 01-10-2009, 08:39 PM
What is TOT?

The Dr. said he is doing a bladder sling and I wasn't sure if that was it, thanks for your imput, Kris
Unread 01-11-2009, 09:45 AM
What is TOT?

I'm glad you asked this question, Cozzette. My doc mentioned this procedure to me also....I wanted to ask him more questions about it at my pre op visit before I tell him I want it done.

I'm glad to see that Sharonw is happy with hers and everyone gave some great info. I wrote down TOT vs TVT to ask my doc about that and which one he wants to do. Now I will Google both and go read up on it!
Unread 01-11-2009, 11:47 AM
What is TOT?

I go in tomorrow to the Dr. for pre op and I just want to be armed with as much info as possible, I only have one chance to do this so I want to make informed decisions. Good luck to you on your surgery as well, Kris
Unread 01-11-2009, 06:22 PM
What is TOT?

Good luck with your surgery! Let us know if you find out anything we need to know at your pre op!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register