Surgery scheduled....nerves shot | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surgery scheduled....nerves shot Surgery scheduled....nerves shot

Unread 06-10-2010, 01:49 PM
Surgery scheduled....nerves shot

Just joined. Have surgery scheduled for Tuesday, starting to get a little nervous. I've had a c-section before (23 yrs ago) so I kinda remember what abdominal surgery is like. He is going in thru my old scar so atleast I wont have a new one. Just kinda wondering what to expect the first couple of days and if there is a need to have a "babysitter". I'd much prefer to rest and be comfortable than to feel an obligation to play hostess.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-10-2010, 02:33 PM
Re: Surgery scheduled....nerves shot

Hi Thread,
When is your surgery? I just found out I have uterine cancer stage 1 and I scheduled my surgery today. It is scary. My surgery is June 28. It feels like a long time to wait. What are you doing to help your nerves?
Unread 06-10-2010, 02:46 PM

My surgery is scheduled for Tuesday June 15. I pulled out a stack of paperbacks that I havent read in a few years and am reading them. Helps keep my mind off of surgery (pre and post) and it helps to pass the time. I scheduled mine a few weeks ago as well and I thought the day would never get here and yet now it is next week.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-10-2010, 03:10 PM

Being scared and nervous is very normal. I would say that you may need help after the surgery. I certainly would not be playing hostess to anyone. They need to understand that doing even simple things like getting up and down will be more difficult. You are going to be tired and want to rest a lot and probably not have a whole lot of energy. Having someone there was a godsend for me. I don't like to have people have to do things for me but in this case, I needed them. Take advantage so you can heal. I was very nervous prior to my surgery even though I wanted it. I did well with minimal pain because they were right on top of it. Don't hesitate to ask for pain medicine. Much easier to be ahead than trying to catch up. If you wait until you are really sore, it will be difficult for pain meds to help you.
Unread 06-10-2010, 06:14 PM

I agree with Zenyatta5. If you have people who are willing to fix meals for you and help out around the house that would be great. I had a TAH in February and I was amazed how much I couldn't do when I got home. I was not in a lot of pain but was just physically tired. It took weeks for me to be able to run the vacuum cleaner. As many have said, you only have one chance to heal so heal the right way. Take it easy and pamper yourself.
Unread 06-10-2010, 06:24 PM

My surgery is on the 14th and they are going through an old c-section scar too. We are twins! Two years ago I had a huge ovary removed and was hospitialized for two nights and when I got home, I just sat in my recliner for a week, literally. Thankfully, my husband was home and took care of the girls. You will need it! I will think of you Tuesday and hope you have an uneventful surgery and post-op

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register