Hysterectomy and Panniculectomy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy and Panniculectomy Hysterectomy and Panniculectomy

Unread 04-22-2004, 07:59 PM
Hysterectomy and Panniculectomy

Hi:
I'm new here and pre-op(June 16th is my date).I am scheduled to have an abdominal total hysterectomy(they are taking EVERYTHING as I have some pre-cancerous uterine cells and cysts on my ovaries).I am 42 and am also very full-figured but in good health otherwise(I do have a low thyroid which I take meds for).The panniculectomy is a type of plastic surgery where they cut away excess abdominal fat(called an abdominal apron or pannas;right spelling??).It is a layer of fat that hangs off my"true abdomen"like an apron and is surfacey stuff.They need to do this to get to my female parts to do the hysterectomy as I have had years of infertility and my cervix is tight as can be due to never being prego.(thus a vaginal one was not an option)I am interested in knowing if anyone else has had abdominal hysterectomy with panniculectomy.I'm a little nervous but know it is necessary.Thanks so much.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-22-2004, 08:46 PM

Hi OregonLover,

Welcome to Hyster Sisters!!

While I'm sorry that you are facing surgery, I am glad that you found HS and posted to introduce yourself. There have been a few other members who had a panniculectomy (tummy tuck) done - I just did a search on the word panniculectomy (if you search under tummy tuck, you will probably find even more)
and got the following results:

https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/sea...der=descending

I encourage you to read the Pre-Op Hints and the Post-Op Hints. They are full of great advice that will help you to prepare for your surgery and recovery.

Also, don’t forget to go back into your control panel and add your surgery date to your profile so you'll be on the calendar and will receive a special greeting from Hyster Sisters.

I hope you'll continue to read and to post any questions that you may have - we'll do our best to help.

S
Unread 04-22-2004, 10:44 PM

Karen!
Thanks for the welcome and your reply!!WOW....so many panniculectomies.I had never heard of them till seeing the Gynecological Oncologist.I never thought I'd be facing this at 42 but I know God will see me through.I was greatly encouraged by ALL the stories of other women who'd had Panniculectomies.I am trying to lose some weight pre-op and have lost 10.5 pounds since March 17th.I am getting fit too as I work out at a gym on the treadmill and arm weight machines(I am now down to 355...woo hoo!!:-)).I figure that this may help the surgery.My bp is good as is my cholesterol(in spite of my size I have always enjoyed relatively good health;I come from large,short Irish folks...:-)).I would really love to hear some more stories of women who had this done.I am told I will be in hospital 4-6 days post-op with about 8 weeks total recovery time at home.I figure that since I will have folks around the world praying for me I should be up and about in no time...prayer helped my healing time with another surgery I had in my youth.Oh,my name is Sharon and I live in Oregon!!Any other Oregonians out there????:-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-23-2004, 04:36 AM

Hi Sharon,

I'm glad reading the other threads has helped. I'm hoping that someone who has had one will see your thread and reply soon. Congratulations on your weight loss and on your resolve to exercise and become more fit!!

In case you haven't found it yet, HS has Neighborhood Forums where you can post a message to see if there are any others from your state or country. Here's a link to the Oregon Neighborhood:

https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/for...0&pagenumber=1

You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.

S

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register