Silver Nitrate on Vaginal Cuff opening???? Huh? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Silver Nitrate on Vaginal Cuff opening????  Huh? Silver Nitrate on Vaginal Cuff opening???? Huh?

Unread 02-22-2008, 11:27 AM
Silver Nitrate on Vaginal Cuff opening???? Huh?

Hi!

I also dealt with granulation tissue. Mine wasn't found until I was 7 months post-op and it took a couple of months of different treatments before it was gone. I remember being frustrated to be so far into recovery and still having healing woes so I can definitely relate to wanting to get it resolved. I hope that happens soon for you, (((Tina))).

In my case, the doctor first tried silver nitrate but since I had so much granulation the silver nitrate wasn't effective. I ended up having the tissue surgically removed in the doctor's office and yes, that tissue was sent to pathology to be sure it was actually granulation tissue, which it was. Even after having the tissue surgically removed, I still had to have a few more silver nitrate treatments. After it finally healed I had no more bleeding and no more pain at the vaginal cuff.

For anyone wondering what granulation tissue and silver nitrate are, there's information about it in this link: Vaginal Cuff Granulation - Silver Nitrate - Cauterization.

(((caa00))), did you get your biopsy results back yet? I hope everything checked out okay. We'd love to have an update from you!

s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-23-2008, 07:50 AM

Gee, and to think that I thought once I was past 6-7 weeks that all would be OK. Well, for the most part all was OK at this point. I had read that it could take 6 - 12 months to completely heal.

It's scary to think of "testing" these scar tissues, but I think anytime something is removed, it is tested.

I've been blood free since yesterday. Yeah!! My DH was sympathetic when I said this morning that I am tired of bleeding.

I feel a little tender in my vaginal area, but I guess that's part of it. I backed off of my workout routines this week, but I"m still walking. My doc didn't mention this, but being on pelvic rest made me think that this would be a good idea, as well.

I did know that healing would take time, but i never expected to have more bleeding. All of my life, if some procedure might cause bleeding for a period of time, I have always bled the full time.

Here's to being blood free! and hopefully to continue. A week from tomorrow I leave for a cruise for my DD 18th bday with 2 of her friends. I am a bit concerned, but I think it will be OK. I should take my doc's phone number, though.

I am also concerned about having sex again. I'm probably more concerned now than when I was cleared at 7 weeks. My doc said to wait about a week, so she didn't seem concerned.

thanks.
Unread 04-03-2008, 06:37 AM

Hi everyone. I am now, 3 months post TVH/BSO. 2 weeks ago i woke up in a lot of pain and began bleeding, went to the drs. He said it looked like granulating tissue....but not normal. ???? He said that he would scrap the area, use silver nitrate and I would nedd to come back in 2 weeks, today. Then he said, we may need to do a biopsy and possibly do a CO2 laser resurfacing or a full excision?!?!?! WTH? Im freaking out, he kept repeating himself saying it just dosent look the same. I had hyster for cancer, so now i dont know what to think.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-09-2008, 02:32 PM

bethpullia, How are you doing? I hope you are feeling better.

I haven't bled any more since having the silver nitrate treatment. My doc said that it could happen again.
Unread 05-06-2008, 11:14 AM

I'm proud I found this thread!! I had my partial hyster back in Sept 07. Several months ago I started bleeding...after sex. Went to my doc and she used the silver nitrate. Said that in her 10 years of practice she only had 4-5 women with this problem. Out of those, only 1 that had to come back for a 2nd treatment......

Well, I guess I'll be #2....I've started bleeding again. I've noticed that it is after sex...but, I do get a back ache and I'm wondering if that's what it's from.

After reading some of your stories, it makes me want to ask her to biopies that area - I know last time she said it was very rigid.
Unread 05-09-2008, 01:57 PM

I've been dealing with silver nitrate treatments for weeks now...once a week at first, now twice a week. No bleeding afterwards either. I wouldn't think it normal to bleed like that after. As much as I've been having, it hasn't bled at all, only the grayish discharge, which is normal. I can't say how many treatments I've had cuz I've had soooo many. At first it was getting better, then I had sex, and it seemed to set me back. So now its getting better, however slowly. My hubby won't have sex until my doctor says its completely gone. So of course I'm fustrated. She said that if it doesn't get better soon, she's going to biopsy it. Hope it gets better before that has to happen.
Unread 06-17-2008, 08:21 PM

I know this is an old thread, but I am wondering how you are all doing! I ask because I just had the silver nitrate procedure done today...17 months after my surgery!!! I am really frustrated with my doctor at this point..I just want to understand how this can be happening??? I had a really long and slow recovery to begin with...if this was the cause of it all, and it wasn't caught until now, I think I might have to scream!!! If you can provide any insight, I would be truly grateful! And, I certainly hope you are all healed by now and doing well!
Unread 06-20-2008, 01:29 AM

I too am healing slowly. Have a polyp..one treatment of silver nitrate and found out with that treatment culture came back with infection so I now have to go on another antibitoic. Funny thing is though I feel quite well except for this discharge. Infection is not giving me any pain or discomfort and I feel so much better than pre-op but still feel like I am being left behind from all of those sisters that have moved on. Does anyone know if the granulation / polyp causes infection ?
Unread 06-21-2008, 07:58 PM

hi, I had one silver nitrate treatment and have not had any bleeding since! YEAH! I needed the treatment due to a small piece of scar tissue, I think. My DH felt bad since my bleeding followed sex.

I told my doc that my DH felt like it was his fault. She said well it was, though it takes 2. ha ha She was teasing.

Fortunately, I haven't had any more problems.
Unread 06-21-2008, 11:36 PM

Hi lovtowalk,

So glad that your cancer was caught early. All of the best to your continued healing.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register