i miss my bed :( | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

i miss my bed :( i miss my bed :(

Unread 03-29-2011, 02:55 PM
i miss my bed :(

I'm five days post-op. Had lap hysterectomy with four injection sites, two on my left side. I have tried every day to lay on my bed and each time it's so painful. I can't lay on my side even with pillows propping my stomach and lying flat is too flat since I have sleep apnea. Is this normal?? I'm so sick of sleeping on my recliner and miss sleeping next to my husband
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-29-2011, 03:09 PM
Re: i miss my bed :(

Oh poor baby...while i didnt have the type surgery you had...my tummy hurt too when I would try to get comfortable...this is what I did
I got my honey to get me more pillows and i put them under my back and under my knees...and would rotate my hips a bit day by day...until one day i was on my side...either side...try that...it helped me out a lot...
Blessings to you my sister
Unread 03-29-2011, 03:17 PM

Thanks I'll try that when he gets home tonight. Tried it on my own earlier but got stuck and couldn't get up. Had to wait an hour for one of my kids to get home. *sigh*
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-29-2011, 05:05 PM

Glad I bought a foam wedge pillow, because I had a sinus infection on top of everything else. Initially, I put another pillow under it to increase the angle and my regular pillow was on top of the wedge. That allowed me to sleep on my back. Eventually, I removed the extra pillow, then the wedge itself when my breathing was back to normal.
Unread 03-29-2011, 05:12 PM

I slept propped up on my Mom's couch for 3 weeks. I'm a side sleeper and I couldn't get comfortable on a bed until then. I've never been so happy to sleep in a bed in my life.
Unread 03-29-2011, 05:36 PM

This is really not uncommon. I experienced much of the same for a couple of weeks after my surgery. In due time, everything will get back to normal. Just try to keep your chin up, and hang in there. This is just temporary, you are almost out of the woods.

Regards,
Debra
Unread 03-29-2011, 08:30 PM

I'm in week 4 and still can't sleep in my bed all night. I start out in there and can't find a comfortable spot so I end up in my recliner. I have a "lift recliner" that will go all the way back and is comfty. It's crazy - I seem to be able to take a nap in the daytime o.k. in my bed. Maybe I am just worn out by then. I agree that I am ready to sleep with my sweetie all night. I'm sure this will get better.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register