3 weeks post hysterectomy and bleeding??? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

3 weeks post hysterectomy and bleeding??? 3 weeks post hysterectomy and bleeding???

Unread 01-23-2015, 05:18 PM
3 weeks post hysterectomy and bleeding???

I am 3 weeks post opp and started bleeding here and there a few days ago. It is heavy when I strain during a bowel movement. I really only see it when I go to the bathroom. Is this normal? Tonight it was heavier than just spotting.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-23-2015, 05:42 PM
Re: 3 weeks post opp and bleeding???

I was going to ask a similar question: How much is too much "spotting"? I know that spotting is normal and expected, but decreasing in amount as you move further away from your surgery date. I have started spotting more in volume in the last several days and when I pee, its a watery pink tinged brown old blood color that is visible in the toilet. My activity level is me doing laps around the house and lying around on the couch reading most of the day so no marathons etc. Still have not been cleared to drive, nor do I want to.
Unread 01-23-2015, 06:04 PM

I think you should give your doctor a call just to give you peace of mind. sending you both hugs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-23-2015, 07:30 PM

Many of us will spot for many weeks off and on. As long as the vaginsl cuff is healing it could bleed, and that could take at least 6 weeks in some of us.. I am almost 9 weeks and even noticed spotting today. And I still have pain in my cuff and in my vagina for some reason. I also had a tot sling and am having soreness still in my legs and groin from that ..... I'm praying that will go away eventually.... Anyway, we all heal diff... Most Drs say if you aren't bleeding enough to fill a pad an hour , not to worry...
Unread 01-23-2015, 08:34 PM

I'm also 3 weeks post op and my bleeding has picked up. Minus the straining, even though I can't poop yet lol. My Dr never said how much blood is too much. Mine is like the first day of my period. I'm going through 2 pads in 24 hours.
Unread 01-23-2015, 08:56 PM

I too am 3 weeks post op, and 4 days ago I had a series of large blood clots and filled an entire pad within a 2 hour period then it just stopped. I am really worried, as I have continued to bleed, no more clots, but lots of spotting. Anyone else experience similar issues? so I am really hoping to learn more and help others as I go along here. It's so wonderful to be able to come to a place where we all can help each other thru this. Anyone have tips, ie: I was told to wear an elastic adjustable band around my waist so when I sneezed it held things in place with out causing too much strain.
Unread 01-24-2015, 10:20 AM

I'm 3 and a half weeks post op and had NO bleeding until day 13. Then, for 10 days I spotted pinkish/red discharge where the amount never lessened and color did not lighten. after Dr's exam yesterday, I am still healing in the cuff area (normal for this amount of time post op) and dr said it's normal to continue to spot for up to 6 to 8 weeks. You can also have a hematoma sitting on top of the cuff and as it slowly dissapaits it may ooze which also will result in continued spotting. Key things to watch out for is soaking a pad in an hour, fever and/or pain. Call and be seen by the doctor if you experience any of those.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register