Should I be worried? Anyone else get pains where ovary was? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Should I be worried? Anyone else get pains where ovary was? Should I be worried? Anyone else get pains where ovary was?

Unread 02-17-2007, 11:54 AM
Should I be worried? Anyone else get pains where ovary was?

I am 7weeks post op, I am having pains on right side where ovary was. It hurts to pee, and if I bend also. I know it is probably just in a healing process, at least I hope that is it. I wanted to ask any of you if you have had this before I called my Dr. I really hate to call her for something that is normal during healing. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-17-2007, 01:08 PM

If it hurts when you pee, you may have a UTI, and you should call your doc.

Hope your feeling better soon.
Unread 02-17-2007, 01:21 PM

Hi missheidi821, Its not a uti, have had several, it is more like a strain feeling. Thanks for your input, I appreciate it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-17-2007, 01:51 PM

I'm only 3 1/2 weeks post op and have had the same feeling from time to time. I thought it was "phantom ovary" pain, kind of like the pain an amputee must feel in a limb even though it's not there anymore. It comes and goes; I think it's probably just part of the healing process. If it gets really bothersome, it's never a bad idea to check with your doctor. Good healing!!

Mary
Unread 02-17-2007, 02:01 PM

Thanks Mary, I am pretty sure it is the healing thing, hoping anyway. Sorry you have the pains also. I have had something like that at first too, this is a bit different, it is a strain, kinda pulling, bruised sensation. Hope you get better soon.
Unread 02-17-2007, 02:13 PM

I too have had the pulling sensations where ovaries are and will ask the doc about when I go in for check-up this week. It is your pain when peeing that concerns me, and if I were you I would doc about it. Even if he/she tells you it is part of healing process, you will then have peace of mind.

Well wishes and happy healing!
Unread 02-17-2007, 02:48 PM

hello. i'm one week one day post surgery and i have these pains you're talking about. i have experienced a sharp burning sensation where my ovaries used to be. i've read this can be from internal stitches and cut ligaments and also just irritation from the organs left inside that were pushed and pulled etc. this happens to me more when i try to rest on my side so i imagine it is literally something to do with being pulled. i have also experienced what you're talking about when peeing. it's not a uti feeling it is like what you're talking about...almost a pressure or unstable feeling like pulling or something might fall! i'm not sure what that's from but i will ask the doc on thursday when i go and i'm assuming it's nothing terrible since several people feel the same things. i'm wishing you continued recovery and it's better safe than sorry so calling your doctor was a good idea i think.
Unread 02-17-2007, 03:29 PM

Peppermint tea, You hit the nail on the head. I know for certian its not a UTI. I had a tilted uterus, and I got UTI's just thinking about them, The pain is much different, also I had blood drawn just recently to see if i had an infection, i was cleared. My dr. is a bit strange, I love her, but she lets her patients go back to work at 3 weeks post op. She is very good at surgery, but bedside manner is a little nervie. I REALLY don't want to call her unless I know for sure something is not normal. I wish you also, continued recovery!! Thanks for your input.
Tonjha

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register