I'm new here and just got my surgery date - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I'm new here and just got my surgery date I'm new here and just got my surgery date

Unread 12-25-2003, 08:37 PM
I'm new here and just got my surgery date

Hi Who Me!
Your username says it all! I couldn't believe the doctor wanted to take my uterus out! I've been very blessed with having one child and never really felt the need to have more...that is until I was told I needed this surgery. My heart goes out to you but we really have to think of our health, don't we? I have come to terms with the fact that I need it but I'm scared of the "what ifs?".
I got a TV for the bedroom for Christmas from my husband. He wants me not to have to leave our room for a couple of days if I'm not up to it. Aren't we lucky to have such thoughtful husbands?! Have fun with your laptop and ask your doc for something if you feel you need it. I just plan to stay busy and cry if I feel like it!! I'll be thinking of you on the 20th and hopefully I'll be able to post some positive messages on hystersisers soon after Jan 7.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-30-2003, 07:00 PM

I just found this site last week. My TAH is also scheduled for Jan 7. I am getting very nervous! I have several uterine fibroids and possible ovarian cyst on one side. Anybody left with just one ovary? Is there any change in hormones with just one?

GeniaC(very nervous in Louisiana)
Unread 12-30-2003, 07:19 PM

My doctor is also removing just one ovary. I have a dermoid cyst on the right side. She told me that the other side will kick in and I'll still ovalate (sp?) every month.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-14-2004, 08:46 AM
We share symptoms

Wow! Reading your post really hit home. I have all the same problems you had. Tipped uterus, fibroids and a dermoid on my right ovary. My surgery is scheduled for Feb. 27 and I'm a nervous wreck about it. I just want to know why I have a twisting and burning pain on my right side. It comes in waves and can sometimes be embarrasing when I gasp loudly from the agony. How long should I expect to be out of work? I've told my job I hope to be back in about 3 weeks and don't want to be gone for much longer than that. Is it possible that I can be back that soon? How are you feeling now?
Unread 01-14-2004, 09:01 AM

I'm 1 week post-op today! Feeling really well. No pain medication since I came home. The pain is more like sore muscles than anything else. The real challenge was getting out of bed for the first time at the hospital! I did have one ovary removed along with my uterus. There is a little soreness where the ovary was.

Good luck to you on your surgery!

GeniaC
Unread 01-14-2004, 10:37 AM

ElenaTK - I am one week post op today and have to say for the most part I feel pretty good! I have some tenderness where the 3 small cuts are on my belly and from time to time I have some cramping that feels like period cramps. I was out yesterday and the day before for a couple of errands and lunch and today I'm a bit tired and am laying low. I think you just have to listen to your body and rest when you feel the need. I will be staying out of work for 6 weeks but I do a lot of lifting at my job. My feeling is you only get one chance to heal right and if you don't give yourself the time you need you could set yourself back. My dermoid turned out to be something else...not sure exactly what but at any rate it still needed to be removed! The funny thing is I feel like I have so much more room! I can also tighten muscles all the way down my stomach and I couldn't do that before the surgery! I hope this helps you - I know it's scarey but the pain is manageable I promise!
Fraidykat

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register