7 weeks post-op | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

7 weeks post-op 7 weeks post-op

Unread 05-20-2005, 09:19 PM
calling all 7 weekers

How are all you 7 weekers doing? I am doing better, I feel best in the morning, and when I can keep the bowels moving regularly. I still have trouble with gas though I seem to get heartburn more than ever in my life! I never watched my diet before surgery, but oh boy do I now! I try to eat well and drink prune juice daily and lots of fruits to keep everything running smooth.

I am trying to do a little more now. Cooking cleaning and laundry. running around a little. I havent even attempted to go out in the yard. I have heard to many woman say that did them in. I have 3 big new pots for my back yard and am dying to plant flowers in them! Might just have to wait a while longer.

Well, I would really like to hear what all you are doing, not doing, and all the inbetweens!

I really relize now that it does take a long time to heal. I went into this thinking a couple weeks is all!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-20-2005, 10:45 PM
7 weeks post-op

7 weeks today. I am getting back normal, but I still tire easily, but I still really don't sleep. Yesterday I vacumned, dusted, did 4 loads of laundry, cooked a big dinner, went grocery shopping, and I was tired. I started missing my restrictions and everyone scolding me to get back to bed LOL. I couldn't wait to get back to normal and now I wish I would've enjoyed relaxing. I still feel cramping every once in awhile but nothing to bad. My incision keeps cracking open so I still have to deal with that. Tommorow night is going to be my first time me and dh will try and have sex and I am so looking forward to that (wish us luck). My back started hurting this week, I think it may just from being out of the loop for awhile. Also I have pain under my bellybutton, anyone else?
Unread 05-20-2005, 10:59 PM
7 weeks post-op

Wow! You sound like you are doing great! I still have trouble sleeping too. It is getting better though. I have only vacuumed once, a little of the house. I try to still pace myself. I think I am a big baby! And I can tolerate alot of pain.
I think the whole thing has me a little scared. I was told to wait till 8 weeks to have sex, I will be 8 weeks on Tues. but go to the Dr. on Thurs. I just might wait till after I see him. Just to be safe! then again I think maybe I should try before to see what happens.
Hope all goes good for you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-20-2005, 11:55 PM
7 weeks and holding.....

Holding my belly once and a while that is... I had some complications...[infections and cold] so I was off schedule on the calander that is ..7 weeks on calendar but about 5 weeks along in the healing... Hubby is still waiting and will be for a tiny bit yet but it will be worth it when things get healed up. Go back to see doctor on the 7th of June and will get the go ahead then. Not going back to work until the 20th of June so will have some good cuddle times before getting back to work. Girls at work won't let me lift anything too heavy. They already have it planned so that I don't have to lift. Great bunch for the most part but just like anywhere else too .. Take the good with the bad. Luv them to pieces though. You girls take it easy and keep on healing ....
Unread 05-21-2005, 02:59 AM
7 weeks post-op

Seven weeks! I can't believe we have come this far. I am back into the real world now--started back to work on Sunday, just past the six wk mark. My job is all physical & it wiped me out! I will be glad when I build up stamina again.
I still have weird twinges and aches and such inside...the incision will still burn and hurt too. I lifted a couple of things that were wayyyy to heavy & the aches and twinges really let me have it! I try to keep my lifting to nothing over 35#'s; I was o.k.ed to lift up to 40#'s at four wks. (I know I wasen't ready at 4 wks!) At the end of the workday my belly is very swelly! My biggest pain is in my back--the neck and shoulders. The pain is soooo bad...I think the surgery positioning may have aggravated an old whiplash injury. I am going to see a chiropractor on Wednesday, Lordy, I hope that relieves some pressure!
I miss that period of time that I had to myself while healing, when everything was done in its own time. The real world is hard!
I am still addicted to the Hyster-sisters site...the surgery is still in the fore front of my life. There is really no one else to talk to about it all...I so appreciate having everyone here to share experiences with.
Here's to our 8th week!
Unread 05-21-2005, 06:18 AM
7 weeks post-op

will be 7 weeks on Wed. Went back to work this past Wed. and I am tired beyond words, I teach kindergarten. I have minimal pain at the end of the day. Still have 2 sutures on the cuff so Dr. did silver nitrate and told me no sex for a couple more days. All other restrictions have been lifted. I get sore if I do too much, Dr. said I will be sore for months but at this point will not injure anything.
Unread 05-21-2005, 06:31 AM
7 weeks post-op

7 weeks this Tuesday and I'm feeling ok (most of the time). I'm actually getting about 5 hours of sleep a night, but I'm still fighting the constipation problem. Unfortunately, that's something I've had to deal with all my life. DH and I had sex for the first time last Sat and it was wonderful. We took it slowly and it was very sweet. Truthfully, I was more stimulated than I've been in a long time. I returned to work this week. Even though I have a desk job, I'm still exhausted by lunchtime. Plus, I've noticed that I'm having pain around my belly buttom. I'm still dealing with my Swelly Belly. NO hot flashes yet, but definitely some mood swings. I've managed to keep the 12 pounds off that I lost since surgery. But, my appetite has almost fully returned, so I don't expect to keep it off much longer. I seem to do most of my snack eating at work. I'm going to a formal affair tonight. I love to dance, but I don't think I have the strength now.
Hugs to all my sisters,

Diane
Unread 05-21-2005, 07:10 AM
7 weeks post-op

Hi all. I'll be seven on Tuesday. And ya know what? I can honestly say I'm back to me!!!! I am doing laundry, getting angry for 'good cause' instead of hormonal cause, cooking, moving light stuff to its proper place. I had my carpets cleaned yesterday, went to lunch, had a GREAT SUNSHINE day. I had a light nap of only bout 30 minutes and was up and running again.

I am happy again and signed up for water aerobics which start on tuesday. AHHH.... and hey, NO MORE PERIODS yippee.

Oh, and Tanner I know your better, you aint keeping me up all night no more hee hee.

Big Hugs,

carrie, who's wondering hmm 6 musta been the magic week.
Unread 05-21-2005, 01:19 PM
7 weeks post-op

I was 7 weeks last Monday (May 16), and have to say I've been acting pretty normally for a couple weeks now. I even went on a rock hunt last Saturday - climbed around rocks and hills, chipped and dug, and had a great time! I went back to work at 5 weeks. At that time I felt like I was about 85% normal, and now I'm about 98%.

I do get a little tired if I stay on the move (like shopping) for a long time, and a nap helps. Have been having "normal" sexual relationship with my hubby since week 5 (and "outercourse" before that since week 3).

I really don't have any physical aches or pains that I can tie to the hysterectomy any more. My tummy is bigger than I'd hoped it would be post surgery, but that just means gotta get to the diet and exercise.

I think I had a steady gradual improvement because I could look back and see each week how much better I felt than the week before.

I think everyone heals differently and the most important thing is to listen to your own body. It will tell you when you are doing too much or something you shouldn't be doing! Precautions and timeframes are good guidelines, but I think each woman has to personalize the rules (along with advice from her Doctor).

So speedy full recoveries to all!
Unread 05-21-2005, 04:02 PM
7 weeks post-op

Hello Ladies. I'm a little over seven weeks post op. Will be 8 weeks next Thursday. I've been doing very well actually. I've had some cramps here and there but they dont last very long. I completed my first week of work and it went rather well. Forgot how to work the phones and passwords and stuff so had to be retrained but after that I was good to go. I have a desk job but I still find myself exhausted at the end of the day. But I dont lay down once I get home. I get dinner ready the kids homework done a little house work and then by about 9 I lay down. I havent had any problems sleeping except that I get up to use the bathroom 1-3 times a night but its always been that way. Still have some mild bladder pain when I go to the bathroom but my dr checked and I dont have a UTI. I've read on here that some women have the pain for months. I've had alot of gas since surgery but its seems to be sloooooowly getting better.

I noticed that being that I sit down all day I do feel a little tight around the stomach area (I'm assuming thats the swelly belly). I lost 11 pds since surgery and kept that off and since starting Weight Watchers so far I lost a little over half a pd I'm very proud of that . Havent had any problems with the incision. It itches every now and again and have little zingers but nothing out of the ordinary. I'm just glad that I'm feeling better. Its funny one of my supervisors saw me when I came back to work on Tuesday and he mentioned how I looked great and all. But yesterday when I was just sitting on my break just taking a breather he came over to me and was like Steph I just have to tell you that you look absolutly wonderful. Just remembering everything you went through before this surgery and looking at you now it looks like you have a glow to you. I can see it too. I noticed that I'm much happier now because I'm not running to the bathroom every 30 minutes to make sure I didnt leak through my clothes or passing a clot so heck yeah I'm glowing . And even though I havent spotted since I left the hospital I still find myself checking everytime I go to the bathroom for blood. I'm sure that will subside then again maybe not. When I went for my 6wks check the dr cleared me to have sex but I'm very nervous about that. Even though my husband (who calls himself a gentle thug ) is very sweet and very gentle I'm just to nervous to go there just yet. Even though my sex drive seems to have become very strong/high and every little thing makes me want to go there. But I just want to be able to feel comfortable with myself and know that I'm ready so I lied a little bit and said the Dr said I had to wait until I was 10 wks to have any sexual relations. I know thats wrong but I want to feel comfortable. But I'm glad everyone is feeling great at 7 wks and hopefully at 8 wks it will be even better.

Enjoy your weekend!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register