Scared of not being able to sleep, again! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Scared of not being able to sleep, again! Scared of not being able to sleep, again!

Unread 04-25-2006, 05:53 PM
Scared of not being able to sleep, again!

It is the early evening and my husband had to go out of town again. Thank heavens my 17 year old is here to help. I have not had a good night's sleep in so long. I have already tried sleep aids and they don't help. I took one of the stronger meds that the dr. prescribed and I still wake up. The worst thing is that I think/know that I am making it worse by thinking about it. Suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-25-2006, 06:02 PM

I had the same problem but it got better this last week. Hang in there!
Unread 04-25-2006, 07:12 PM

I sleep better each night. I try not to sleep in the day, and I also try to do a lot of walking.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-25-2006, 07:46 PM

I got my first night's sleep last night since my surgery Feb 17th with the help of Ambien. It is taking longer than I thought to adjust my hormones, so this could go on for a while. I finally asked the doctor to MAKE me sleep. She did I will be sleeping with Prince Ambien again tonight!
Unread 04-25-2006, 11:33 PM

I've also had trouble with the insomnia. Doc had me try Tylenol PM and said if it didn't work he could give me some Ambien.
I tried the Tylenol PM one night and slept just as bad....next night I didn't take anything and slept better. He said to alternate the Tylenol PM every other night.
Anyway, I haven't taken it again and have been doing okay for the most part. The weird and bad dreams are very rare and I'm sleeping through most of the night....up only once or twice now.
I try not to nap in the day unless I'm really exhausted and I'm walking more.
Good luck on finally getting some good sleep in.
Unread 04-25-2006, 11:56 PM

When I can't fall asleep I take a benedryl. Works like a charm.
Unread 04-26-2006, 12:05 AM

Not sleeping here in Ohio either. Tried Ambien, but I still wake up about every 2 hours. I know I would feel so much better if I could sleep just 4-5 hours in a row!! I have finshed one book of Crosswords, guess I will start my 2nd tonight. Good luck to ya all!
Unread 04-26-2006, 04:31 AM

Well so much for Ambien... I only slept 4 hours last night. I've been in bed awake since 2:00am too groggy to get up till now. I feel terrible.
Unread 04-26-2006, 05:35 AM

I guess that is the way it is for now. My dr said I would get more sleep as I got more active. So I am up to 3-5 hours of sleep at a clip on a good night, up from 1-2. I guess it just takes a while for the new me to adapt. I feel much better that at the 1-2 hour stage. But there are still nights I wake up every two hours. I just appreciate the nights I get 3-5 hours. I am getting more of them lately. Maybe it is spring?
Hang in there. It appears we are all in it together.
Unread 04-26-2006, 09:49 AM

Last night was a nightmare. I went to sleep around 12:30. I thought I would be fine because I had a lot of activity and no nap. Well, 2:30 am came and my eyes opened. I tried to fall back to sleep but then need to go to the bathroom. I was unsucessful and that resulted in me being awake ( attempts) until about 6:00 am at which point I slept for 1 1/2 hours. On a good note... I have lost 9 lbs.

TAH - stage 4 Endo
Hysterectomy 4/14/04

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register