Anyone find Viville Dot better than pills | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > No Uterus - No Ovaries - Yes HRT - Surgical Menopause

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anyone find Viville Dot better than pills Anyone find Viville Dot better than pills

Unread 12-27-2007, 04:10 AM
Anyone find Viville Dot better than pills

Hi! I had a TAH/BSO in August, 2007. I am 41. My gyn. started me on estridiol 2mg. which I still sat around and cried daily. She has now put me on the Viville Dot. Since I have been using the patch, I am feeling much more like myself. Anyone with the same experiences or thoughts about this? Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-27-2007, 12:52 PM

Maxicat
That's great that you are doing better on the Vivelle Dot patch. Hrt is not one size fits all so it's not unusual to have to do a bit of tweaking. Some women do better on oral, while others do better on the transdermal.
Unread 12-31-2007, 07:04 PM

I was put on patch right out of surgery in 2004. Only problem I had was that they loose strength in hot tub. The heat and water distroy the potancy. (?) We have a hot tub so I asked for oral meds. Big mistake, my triglyceride went up to 598 on oral meds. Dr said was rare but does happen. I do get leg cramps from them but that is better than the triglyceride issue. I am back on Vivell dot and staying there,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-01-2008, 04:44 PM

Maxicat - Had my surgery this past Nov., was on Vivelle Dot 1 mg, was fine for 5 wks, then became depressed. My Dr. is on vaca, but I talked to his nurse & went down to .05 mg. Not feeling any btr. I'm at the crying daily point. Was hoping I could escape this hormonal tweaking! What dose of Vivelle Dot are you on? I'm wondering if I need a combo of hormones to feel btr.
Unread 01-02-2008, 08:21 PM

Depression can be a side effect of viville dot. I was on 1mg until recent change to .5mg. Are you putting on stomach or behind. I heard that you get more hormone putting on the tummy. That is where I put mine. Maybe you needed your dosage increased instead of decreased. Try putting two patches on at once and see if you feel better.
Are you having other issues, night sweats, hot flashes, mood swings?
Unread 01-03-2008, 07:28 PM

I've been on the Vivelle patch since 2004, I like it, I don't break out like I did when i was taking estratest. Problem I have though is keeping them on. I will be supplementing the patch with some compound testosterone, DR told me it may help my metabolism which has come to a complete halt.
Unread 01-08-2008, 02:32 AM

I am on the 0.75 dose of Viville Dot. Sorry for the delay in replying. Good luck!
Unread 01-13-2008, 06:34 PM

Grettab - interesting that you said that V. Dot can cause depression. I didn't have hot flashes or nite sweats. My Dr. switched me to an estrogen/testosterone combo pill and I feel much btr. Hoping that this is the hormonal potion that I need!
Maxicat - Glad V. Dot's working for you!
Unread 01-16-2008, 06:27 PM

Just an update. Seen my gyn today and she switched me from the .075 tp the .1 Viville. Wish me luck!
Unread 01-16-2008, 06:31 PM

Good luck, (((Maxicat)))! I hope you do well on the new dose. I'm 51 and the 0.1 Vivelle Dot is what I'm using. It's been great for me!

s

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register