4 weeks from yesterday | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

4 weeks from yesterday 4 weeks from yesterday

Unread 09-02-2007, 11:31 PM
4 weeks from yesterday

Hello ladies! Well, I have just a little under four weeks to go until TAH. I keep saying to myself, "At this time next month it will be over with." and hoping everything will go all right. I have read everything I can think of and I think I am prepared. Is there anything I am missing? I want to get a little package of things to bring with me; baby wipes, back scratcher, lipstick, just a few things, maybe a book, although I don't know if a person feels like reading then.
Anyway, I am very nervous but a lot of the girls say the waiting is the hardest part. I hope so. I have a very supportive husband and a grown daughter who is going to stock the freezer with pre-made meals.
I am 53 years old. My grandmother is 90 and she had a hysterectomy 5 years ago at age 85! I'm not sure why but she is in good health now.
If you can think of anything I might need to know, please tell me. This is very uncertain territory.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-03-2007, 07:11 AM
4 weeks from yesterday

The things I used while at the hospital were - my comb, brush, tooth brush, toothpaste, & GAS-X. That was it. I didn't read anything because I was either resting or trying to walk the halls. Truley - the waiting was the hardest part for me. The recovery is a day by day process that you will get through but waiting and wondering I think was worse than the operation! LOL
Unread 09-03-2007, 07:16 AM
4 weeks from yesterday

I used my chap stick &ear plugs ( hospitals can be very noisy ) and I really enjoyed having my own bed pillow - hospital ones are soooo skimpy.
I didn't read either, no concentration.

S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-03-2007, 09:41 AM
4 weeks from yesterday

I just got an email from my sister that I wanted to share. My mom and sisters don't live near me so I contacted them to tell them of my TAH date. The message I got back from her was: "That's not fair! You know I always wanted one. You get everything!" It made me laugh. And actually, no, I didn't know she always wanted one! lol.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register