TAH on 24th-so scared | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

TAH on 24th-so scared TAH on 24th-so scared

Unread 04-13-2009, 08:41 PM
TAH on 24th-so scared

Hi,

I am scheduled to have my hysterectomy on the 24th. I'm starting to get really nervous at this point. On top of that, I am scheduled for a colonoscopy on Friday to rule out any further problems.

I have extensive scar tissue due to my two c-sections and have developed endo to the point of it causing problems with my small intestines. The past 12 months have been the worst. Last April, went in and had cysts removed off my ovaries, which ended up growing back to even a larger size. My stomach is always sore, mostly on the left....seems like I am always in pain. I hope that after the surgery the pain will at least subside.

k....enough rambling.....just nervous.

Thanks for listening
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-13-2009, 09:22 PM
Re: TAH on 24th-so scared

Hi Janabotz,

I think the worrying and waiting is worse than coping with chronic pain and problems. It's funny, we women can tolerate so many problems and pains that we get used to it. Your coping skills are way better than you think they are!! You are more courageous than you realize too! And, you've already survived c-sections. You are a veteran warrior. You rock!

My surgery is tomorrow morning and I've been keeping myself busy getting things ready for my mini-vacation. I prefer vacations that are not in the hospital, Mazatlan sounds nice, but the work getting ready to leave is about the same!

I have had several surgeries so I'm getting practiced up at redirecting my nervous energy. I have a lot of people praying for me and that helps tremendously. I am looking forward to much healing and better health because of this and so I keep focused on that. If you thought about all of the things that could go wrong, you would go nuts. So, since I need all of my marbles and wits about me, I'm looking at the positive instead.

I'm wishing the same for you also and that you will experience renewed health and for now, peace of mind!

Unread 04-14-2009, 04:49 AM
Re: TAH on 24th-so scared

I too was really scared, to the point I let the bleeding and pain go on for 4 yrs! I had 3 past c-sections, one of them fell open, I imagined the worst about having a TAH because they had to cut me again in the same spot as my c-sections- I had mine FINALLY on mar 2nd, all went well. You too will do fine- the anticipation is the worst, wish I wouldnt have let myself suffer so long! Good luck! I will be praying for you, just think after this surgery- you get a brand new life- NO MORE PERIODS!!! HOORAY!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register