Weepy after decision to go ahead? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Weepy after decision to go ahead? Weepy after decision to go ahead?

Unread 02-12-2007, 09:47 AM
Weepy after decision to go ahead?

I've been on and off about going ahead with surgery, but my research is really pointing toward moving ahead. I've tried to avoid this for over 5 years and on some level I feel like I'm giving up. But on another level, I feel like I'm finally facing the facts and being proactive. I see good things coming from this too.

In the last few days, I've been very weepy. I am premenstrual, but I usually don't get weepy like this. I feel almost a profound sense of loss and yet I also feel relieved. I'm very surprised by my reaction, because I'm usually a "get the facts and take the action" kinda girl.

Other than fear, did you go through other emotions after you realised that this was really your best option?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-12-2007, 09:58 AM

Before I made the final decision and got my surgery I was just a 'gogetter' for as much information as I could get and I stayed focused on that. But now that I'm a week away from surgery, even the last few weeks, I'm a ball of emotions. I cry way more than I have in my whole life, comes in spurts, lol. I'm sad over the loss, I'm nervous about the recovery(have two small children that need alot of care) and I'm worried that the pain won't go away. But other than that I'm just spiffy! lol. I'm sure we all go through the emotional roller coaster at some point. Just have to buckle up and hang on for the ride! Good luck
Unread 02-12-2007, 10:21 AM

Just wanted to let you know I was a basketcase the week before my surgery. I would start crying over everything. I also felt that if I just keep waiting (I will be 51 Feb. 21) the problem will go away with menopause. It did not. I just got home yesterday and while I am in pain I am happy I did it. The surgery took a little longer because my fibroids had grown and attached the uterus to the bladder so after hearing that I was ok, this was definitely the right decision to make. I also wrote letters to my kids and could not get over the fear that I would not wake up from recovery. As I said here I am. I get my staples out tomorrow and I am on my way to recovery and getting my iron levels back up. Best wishes and good luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-12-2007, 10:37 AM

I too was a basketcase the week before my surgery. At 48, I even went so far as to suggest that we "try to have a baby" before the hysterectomy. In my mind, that would have stopped my excess bleeding for 9 months and if I was going to have to have surgery anyway, why not spend the money reversing my tubal ligation. I have three sons age 22,19 & 17, but my current husband and I married in 2004 and he has no biological children and is only 35.

Even though the possibility of us having a child of our own was always slim, there was a remote hope that was completely dashed by the prospect of a hysterectomy. I remember feeling less feminine because of my tubal ligation in 1989 and worried that I wouldn't feel womanly at all after a hysterectomy.

There were a number of nights that I cried myself to sleep and though my husband did his best, I was inconsolable. I've been OK since the surgery, but since then I've been dealing with both recovery and trying to find a job, so I haven't had much time to grieve.
Unread 02-12-2007, 10:43 AM

During the weeks before my surgery I had a sister who was dying of cancer. I didn't have time to even think of me.

I accepted it matter of fact though and I was ready to get it done.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register