Upcoming myomectomy-all advice welcome! - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Upcoming myomectomy-all advice welcome! Upcoming myomectomy-all advice welcome!

Unread 06-18-2014, 04:48 PM
Re: Upcoming myomectomy-all advice welcome!

Sayhealth-THANK YOU! That's so helpful and puts my mind at ease to know I'm not the only one feeling this way, for some reason I have this bizarre guilt about taking up the surgeon's and nurses' time... stupid, I know. I think I'm all nearly set apart from having food stockpiled but hopefully my partner can help with that. I don't eat much meat either so hoping my diet will help me recover well too. At this stage I'm just so anxious to have it done so I can get on with recovery-though I know I'm going to have to learn to be patient with that too! I just can't wait to wake up and be told it all went okay... my biggest worry is complications, so no amount of practical prep can get by that one. Just have to hope 8th July comes round fast!
I'll get a pillow alright, for coughing and sneezing will be handy too I'm sure, though we live just up the street from the hospital so I hopefully will just walk home, or maybe the porters might give me a quick spin in a wheelchair
Thanks again... there may be other questions on the other side! Hope your recovery is going well too!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-08-2014, 07:56 PM
Upcoming myomectomy-all advice welcome!

Done! Finished! I did it! 7, yes 7 (they initially thought 4) fibroids gone, never to be seen again! They took me down to theatre at 8am this morning, so no hanging round. Was given a Xanax before as I was SO anxious and it helped a bit. Woke up in recovery a while later to be told that yes I still have my uterus. The relief was indescribable... and between that and the morphine pump I declared my love for every staff member, even my surgeon who popped in to say hi!
Feeling ok this evening, have been bleeding a fair bit since, have lost about a litre between surgery and this, so transfusion may be on the cards. Other than that, looking forward to my cuppa in the morning, and my new fibroid-free life!! Thanks so much for all the reassurance and for sharing your stories, made the world of difference to me. Suse
Unread 07-09-2014, 05:38 PM

CONGRATULATIONS, SUSIE!!!!

I'm so glad that all went well. Now begins the healing process - you're going to feel SO much better in a few more weeks. Just make sure you give your body the rest that it needs!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-16-2014, 01:53 PM

Can't believe I managed to reply last week! Finally home yesterday morning after eight days in hospital. I think I will be forever indebted to and in awe of the amazing nurses that looked after me... they are just amazing women. 7 fibroids gone, 2 litres of blood lost, spiking a temp of 39 degrees, 3 cannulas, 3 antibiotics over 4 days, poked with about 40 needles. The post-op complications weren't a bundle of fun, but I'm so happy to be home and slowly getting better. Walked down the street this morning (with some assistance)! Bowels are coming full circle. Still feeling a lot of discomfort and pressure that's not dissimilar to the discomfort I had before. Anyone else had anything similar? No surprise given how swollen and sore I am though.
Thanks for all the advice and reassurance xx

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register