post op results | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

post op results post op results

Unread 10-02-2012, 08:10 AM
post op results

hi all,
i had my total hysterectomy on sep 24th,following a diagnosis of pre cancer of the cervix,uterus,,a suspected hormone sensitive ovarian tumour,and over a decade of the most horrendous flooding.i did not ask too many questions following surgery due to fear,and am now petrified of getting the results which i guess will be here any day.they also took some lymph nodes which i had not expected,and which to me sounds ominous.so grateful for any support ladies,i have hardly any friends or family.:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-02-2012, 08:16 AM
Re: post op results

A lot of times, doctors will remove lymph nodes out of an abundance of caution. If there are any questions at all, they'll take out the nearby lymph nodes. My sister had an infected lymph node once, no concern about cancer at all, and they still removed the nearby ones to make sure they got all the infection out.

Regardless of what the test results are, they've already done the first round of treatment with the hyst. You've done what you can do for now, so your job is to focus on healing and thinking positive thoughts.
Unread 10-02-2012, 09:01 AM

thanks so much for your reassuring message!x
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-02-2012, 12:25 PM

You are in my prayers.. I know its difficult but lets stay positive. Hugs coming your way.
Unread 10-02-2012, 04:52 PM

Please think positive. Right now your body is trying to heal. No matter what the results you have done everything you can do. You have no control over this. Just try to remain calm and think only positive thoughts. Wishing and praying only good things for you! Know your docs are doing whats best for you and know that your hyster-sisters are rooting for only positive things. Hang in there {hugs}
Unread 10-07-2012, 06:35 AM

hi all
to update,my gyny rang a few days ago with the results,she said they were definately right to take the uterus etc away,and she felt everything was contained.so it must have gone beyond pre cancer,she hasnt said i need further treatment other than regular scans etc.i am severly depressed with panic attacks etc and a very strong death phobia which of course has recurred.my son is going to work away so i shall be totally alone.all i can keep thinking is what if it recurs?,that is my dread now.love to all.
Unread 10-07-2012, 06:45 AM

Having pre-cancerous cells does not necessarily mean you will develop cancer. I've had pre-cancerous cells in three different parts of my body and, so far, have never developed cancer. I had pre-cancerous cells removed from my cervix when I was 24 and kept my cervix (and uterus and ovaries, et.c.) until I had a hysterectomy when I was 55. While I had a number of conditions which led to the hysterectomy, the surgeon reported no signs of cancer.
Unread 10-07-2012, 07:56 AM

Sweetie. What is important is that it's out of your body. This is something you have no control over. Do not let your mind get away from you. Like the above poster I had precancerous cells in my cervix that turned out to be cancer about 20 years ago. Told I would never have children I was graced and had two with no issues. My hysterectomy had nothing to do with cervix either because they got it all back 20 years ago. Please focus on your surgical recovery and not the what ifs. This is now going to make you a new woman not trapped by your failing reproductive organs. Just think how much energy your going to have now thy your body will be able to just be instead of trying to fight off the failing organ. Positive thoughts dear. Your not alone though sometime you feel isolated. Think of this as a new beginning. {{hugs to you }}
Unread 10-07-2012, 08:06 AM

bless you for that,its wonderful to hear something so positive,may you continue to be blessed with good health,thank you .x

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register