Surgery date/swelly belly | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surgery date/swelly belly Surgery date/swelly belly

Unread 09-02-2004, 10:42 PM
Surgery date/swelly belly

Hi All,

I got my surgery date today, Oct. 6. I am kinda nervous. I got a ration from one of the women on another website for not trying a myomectomy (sp?) first. But, I trust my doc is telling my the truth that this is the right way to go and I am doing it.

I have to have a CA125 blood test to make sure my right ovary isn't diseased, and a barium enema to make sure the bowel isn't involved too before my preop visit.

As far as swelly belly goes, my stomach looks like I am preg. It gets worse in evening and it I eat dairy or any fatty food; which of course I crave. I hate it. I kept wondering why I was gaining weight and not eating any more than usual, now I know. I have a wedding to go to Sat. and I don't think I will fit into my dress! I will try on tomorrow. If it doesn't fit, I will try to find something else and fast!

Maria
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-03-2004, 05:39 AM

Hi Maria

I've moved your post here to the Pre-Op message board from the Introduce Yourself forum so you can start getting support from the wonderful ladies here!

Best wishes for your upcoming surgery! If you'll click on the Profile link near the top of the page, you can add your surgery date to your user profile. That will also add your name to the list of ladies having surgery that day. To find out who they are, click this link to the Calendar.

Enjoy the wedding on Saturday!

s
Unread 09-03-2004, 10:11 AM

It's a shame that women cannot be more supportive of each other! A myo works for some, but not all. I gave it a try, but after they opened me up, they realized they could not remove the fibroid. So, they cut a few adhesions, closed me up, and 2 years later I am now facing a hyst. I am sure it works for many, but not for me. It is not a cure all. Neither is UAE, or Lupron, or anything else. We are all just trying our best to make the decision that will work for our own bodies.

I, for one, will be so glad to be rid of my puffy uterus and nasty fibroid. It has caused me far too much pain and blood loss over these many years, and it has been served with an eviction notice!

Kathy
Livin' Large and Takin' Charge!
SAH scheduled for 9/13 due to 17cm fibroid that has plagued me for 17 years
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-04-2004, 01:43 AM

Dear April Dawn. Monica,and Kathy,

First, thanks for all you support, I am so happy I found this website.

I am happy with my decsion. I agree that I would rather have it done right the first time than go through different band-aid procedeures.

I am all ready for tomorrow. I found another dress today! It is even prettier than the first dress. The first was very plain. Kind od Audrey Hepburn.This is very different. It is long, black, chiffon, with a draped neckline front and back with sequins and bugle bead scattered around the neck. The hem is hanqerchief with fishtail at back. Best of all, it is *much* looser that the first! SO my big belly has room to be comfy! I had bought 2 pairs of shoes to see which I liked better with the other dress, and the 2nd paid works perfectly with this one. So, I am set. I had dry run for hair yesterday, got nails done. So now today it's hair, makeup, dress and party! I hope I make it through the whole thing with no cramps, but I'll bring some Motrin and ask The Lord to be with me.

After the wedding, I'll spend the rest of the month getting ready. I want to clean out my closet and guest room. I got a good tip from one of the ladies about renting a hospital table which I think I will do. I am very nervous, but I know it is for the best. I think I am more nervous about the recovery period. I developed a lot of scar tissue from my spine reconstruction, so I will really need to becareful will this.

Kathy, my Doc presented me with Lupron option because I had planned to go away for a few weeks in Oct. He said it might offer some relief from symptoms. He wasn't really hot on it though. He said the side effects can be bad and there is no guarantee it would even shrink the uterus.

Bless you all,

Maria

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register