4 days post hysterectomy with no appetite | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

4 days post hysterectomy with no appetite 4 days post hysterectomy with no appetite

Unread 11-17-2014, 05:10 PM
4 days post hysterectomy with no appetite

Hello Hystersisters, this is my first post but I've been reading everyone else's for a few weeks. I'm 4 days post Davinci/vaginal surgery and 10 weeks post hip scope. (I'm only 32 years old and already sound like an old lady). I had Cervical Adenocarcinoma in situ. They took everything but my ovaries. I've gotten through the worst of the pain and am only taking Tylenol and Ibuprofen. Even had my first BM this morning. I just feel blah...that's the only way to describe it. I feel like I have a fullness in my stomach and have no appetite. And I love to eat! Not sure if it's still the anesthesia or what, but does anyone else felt this way? I'm not crying or really emotional. Just blah.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-17-2014, 05:17 PM
Re: 4 days post op with no appetite

It's really common for surgery to do a number on your appetite for the first week or two. Between the anesthesia and the "poking around" the surgeons do down there, it seems to take a while for our digestive systems to recover.

Many sisters, including myself, find that smaller, snack-like meals work better than regular ones. Also, you may find that certain foods seem more tempting than others. My first week, my body wanted yogurt, fresh fruit, peanutbutter toast and canned lentil soup. The second week, it branched out a bit.

Think of something light and easy to digest that you usually like. Have a small bit of that. Wait a while, and then see if your body would like to have more. Above all, don't worry. This is a temporary and very common phase.
Unread 11-17-2014, 06:26 PM

Oh, gee, yeah it took me 2-3 weeks to eat even close to normal. Now at 4 weeks I am feeling a bit more normal,appetite (thanks to my first PMS non period!)
I am a huge baker and I didn't bake anything sweet for 3 weeks (nickname is sugar slut). For the first week I practically only ate chicken soup.
Give your body a break. It'll come back to you, slowly :-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-17-2014, 09:19 PM

I didn't have much of an appetite after surgery either. But it came back lol. I am almost 6 weeks post op and I am doing good for the most part. No more pain, spotting has stopped I am just having some issues with my hrt. I hope to get them taken care of soon!!
Unread 11-18-2014, 03:39 AM

I had this same concern. Today I'm 11 days post opt. After talking to my Dr and the sisters here I found out it pretty normal. Eat very small portions and take sips of drinks. My appetite is slowly coming back. Whatever you do don't force it or you will be so miserable. Small portions and you will be ok
Unread 11-18-2014, 01:11 PM

This is symptomatic from the anathesia. Give it a couple weeks. Your appetite will gradually return slowly but surely. Eventually you will eat smaller meals. Swelly belly when eating heavy meals...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register