Calm & Collected???? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Calm & Collected???? Calm & Collected????

Unread 08-15-2006, 06:01 PM
Calm & Collected????

Hi Ladies, I am new to this site and all forums. But, My husband suggested I find a site to talk to other ladies that have been through what I am going through. I have been reading others' comments on topics I am concerned about and am a little more worried than I was. Is there good news with having this surgery? I am scheduled for September 18th, 2006 to have a Radical Hysterectomy. Everything is to come out! I am being tested to make sure I can take estrogen for final say on my ovaries. Is it normal to say "I AM SCARED!!!" My main concern is to know that my husband and I will still enjoy sex. Am I going to be empty? Will he notice? Will I still be able to have an 'orgasm'????
Please anyone, help ease my fears.... I have nobody to turn to but a male doctor.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-15-2006, 06:18 PM
Calm & Collected????

Hi 1wife,

It sure is normal to say your scared and you'll find many of us were but honestly for most of us waiting ends up being the hardest part.

Everyone's recovery is different but for me the pain was at it's worst in recovery and by day five I was off all pain relief but I do have a high pain tolerence.

As far the intimacy side of things yes, things are a little different however still pleasureable and my husband has noticed my cervix missing but the one big plus has been that I have become more interested in this side of our relationship than I've ever been. So that more than makes up for any little down sides.

Overall I had an uneventful recovery and I feel very lucky to not have have any problems some of the other ladies have. Also keep in mind that many ladies who have had the same recovery as me have often move off the site as they no longer feel the need for support.

Feel free to PM me anytime and join the fun ladies in the games area to help you as you wait.

Take care.............Karen
Unread 08-15-2006, 06:22 PM
Calm & Collected????

I know many women who have had a hysterectomy. They all tell me that they wonder, "What took me so long?" All have said how much better they feel afterward. I guess I will find out in October! Best of luck to you. I'll send a prayer your way.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-15-2006, 06:34 PM
Calm & Collected????

It's completely normal to be scared. The first thought that went through my mind the morning of my surgery was "I changed my mind. I don't want to do this." But I went through with it. The next two or three weeks I kept thinking "Did I make the right choice?" I am such a sissy when it comes to pain and I just felt horrible.

But today, I am five weeks out and even though I am not totally back to myself, I know I made the right decision. I have had periods every other week for the last three years, and every other option had failed me. I would have had three periods since my surgery date...thinking of that puts everything in perspective.

Hopefully there are others who will give you positive feedback....it's stressful to read nothing but the horror stories of what can go wrong. I wish you the best of luck...and peace of mind on your visit to the castle!

Heather
Unread 08-16-2006, 01:32 PM
Calm & Collected????

Thanks for the kind replies. I know many woman have had this surgery and we all think about backing out. I tend to be a big baby when it comes to pain, but I know I will be OK, I am just very scared. I talk with my husband and find out he is just as nervous as myself. It would be nice to be able to talk more freely about my concerns so I could be more at ease. I hear that there is a website where a pre-op patients can look into referances of the Dr. to perform the surgery. Does anyone know of such a site?
Unread 08-16-2006, 01:34 PM
Calm & Collected????

Thanks for the kind replies. I know many woman have had this surgery and we all think about backing out. I tend to be a big baby when it comes to pain, but I know I will be OK, I am just very scared. I talk with my husband and find out he is just as nervous as myself. It would be nice to be able to talk more freely about my concerns so I could be more at ease. I hear that there is a website where a pre-op patients can look into referances of the Dr. to perform the surgery. Does anyone know of such a site?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register