TLH at 28 years old | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Our Hysterectomy Stories > Laparoscopic Hysterectomy Stories

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

TLH at 28 years old TLH at 28 years old

Unread 11-27-2012, 02:42 PM
TLH at 28 years old

I went to my doctor 2 weeks and 2 days before I had surgery. I have been down this road, "your too young, you don't have a girl just boys, we can manage this other ways" and took a friend because I was done trying everything else. I was in constant pain and was exhausted from the fight. I didn't have to fight this time. I told the doctor my iron was down again, my pain was overwhelming for 18 days a month, I had my family...now I needed to take care of me. I had gastric bypass 11 years ago, I probably have un-diagnosed stomach issues, and I have extreme iron anemia and malnutrition. I take OTC Iron and 3 multivitamins but never seem to have the "correct" numbers on my lab work results. I was shocked when I said I want a Hysterectomy to my dr.....and she said, "ok I have a surgical opening on Nov 8." I know I did not ask the right questions but she said call anytime, and I took her seriously. She answered my questions....never with fear always with comforting words. When I went in for surgery she promised to check my iron and lab results before she discharged me. She said she would give me any answer she could and told my hubby it would be 1.5-2 hours......She was done with surgery within 49 minutes....even with a few complications. When she got in there she saw that my uterus was FULL of blood, the lining was almost 3x as thick as she would have expected for my age, and 4 fibroids attached to the walls of the uterus. She got it all, took the cervix and most of the tubes while she was at it. She did have to give me 2 units of blood during surgery because between anesthesia and the blood loss they were having issues keeping my pressure up. I spend 1 night in the hospital, on the L & D floor, had a iron infusion just to make sure it was up for good, then sent home. At home hubby and I had read enough on HysterSisters to have my "recovery space" set up. We had cleaned off my night stand and had snacks, meds, books, and remote. We bought a body pillow for me to sleep against (to prtect from hubby and kids in the night) and a small pillow to take with me to hospital, use in the car as a protect from seat belt, and use around the house to protect from kids. We had arranged with friends and church members to have dinners for two week delivered, kids shuttled, house chores done, and sometimes a sitter for me. I am currently 2 weeks and 5 days out of surgery. I am doing good. I have good days and bad days. I stopped taking Narcotics during the day at one week out. I then switched to IB800 during the day, but kept taking the narcotics at night because I could not get comfortable enough to sleep at night. At 17 days I stopped taking the Narcotics at night.....but that only lasted one night because I over did it the next day and was in some higher pain so had to take them last night. Don't be afraid to talk to your doctor and take the meds. Healing is hard work, listen to your body. Never be afraid to ask questions on Hyster Sisters because that has been my greatest link. I read posts and answer as I feel I know, I play games, and I read previous date clubs so I can see that everyone heals differently but it is great for me to read others posts. I am not the first through this and I will not be the last.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register