Vaginal Wall Tear... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Vaginal Wall Tear... Vaginal Wall Tear...

Unread 09-06-2005, 11:04 AM
Vaginal Wall Tear...

Hello Angels

I did post this in the Bladder Matters forum but I thought the Post-op Sisters might have some insight on this issue as well.

I am approximately 3 months post op and wound up in the ER yesterday a.m. I have had a very painful recovery... constant moderate to severe lower left pain (residual endo? adhesions? colon?) since January that never went away after surgery in June. One week ago, Dr. took me off estrogen replacement therapy to see if the pain improved - thinking it may be endo left after surg. Anyway, after having intercourse (for only the 4th time since surg), I immediately was in the most intense abdominal pain I have ever felt (including labor!). The worst pain was my bladder - totally cramped - plus horrible rectal pressure and pressure up into my rib cage (like debilitating gas pain). I was not even able to move. I did eventually make it to the toilet and sat all crunched up, nausea/vomiting only to then have both arms tingly and numb and my fingers stiff and paralyzed (seizure-like) and my legs were also tingly. Anyway, when I was able to get into the car and have my DH drive me to the ER (and wait forever!) - Dr. did a pelvic exam and found an anterior vaginal wall tear with a little blood and fluid leakage. Did x-rays and didn't see anything unusual. Sent me home with pain pills and to see my GYN today. Couldn't sleep last night because I just didn't feel right - haven't felt right since. Pain still there, just not so severe. GYN not in today so I have to wait until tomorrow. What could this be... a tear wouldn't make me this sick and with intense pain. Fistulas don't do that either, do they? Or is this "tear" in fact a fistula? Still having a little fluid discharge - not a lot. Help me Sisters... this whole hyster experience has been a total nightmare and I just want to feel better and be able to function. Something is so wrong. Thank you so much for your patience in reading this long post and for your support. I'm so very sad and feeling hopeless with these Drs.
~ Ria :cry:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-06-2005, 12:02 PM
Vaginal Wall Tear...

Just wanted to send you a and let you know that I hope you feel better real soon!!! I am sorry I have no answers for you, it sounds horrible what you are going threw.
Unread 09-06-2005, 12:07 PM
Vaginal Wall Tear...

Dear Witchy Ria,
I am so sorry to hear that you are having so much trouble. I am 7 wks post-op. I am not having such severe problems. I am home from work today with headache, nausea and diahrea. I have been having problems with very lose bowels which seem to happen right after I eat. But, last night I was sick all night. I think (not sure), I just have a intestinal bug.
I hope they figure out what is going on soon for your sake. That is just awful.
My thoughts and prayers are with you. Let me know how you are doing.
Cheryl

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register