CONTEST: Win a Bed Tray! 2 Winners - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Community - HysterSisters > Monthly Poll (and occasional Contest!)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Closed Thread

CONTEST: Win a Bed Tray! 2 Winners CONTEST: Win a Bed Tray! 2 Winners

Unread 11-22-2008, 08:11 PM
CONTEST: Win a Bed Tray! 2 Winners

Low-Fat Heart Healthy Warm Banana Sundae (instead of pumpkin pie... )

1 medium banana, sliced
sugar and cinnamon
Promise margarine
1 cup fat-free frozen chocolate yogurt or ice cream

Put banana slices into a microwavable bowl. Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar. Dab with margarine. Heat on high in microwave for about 1 minute. Serve over ice cream.

Not as yummy as pumpkin pie or my banana pudding, but it is a satisfying alternative!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-23-2008, 01:52 AM
Win a Bed Tray! 2 Winners

My favorite Thanksgiving food is definitely the stuffing. I use my mom's recipe and everyone who tries it, agrees it is the best. Even though she's been gone almost 11 years now, her stuffing still brings back memories of childhood holidays.

Mom's stuffing

$1.00 worth of sausage (that's the way I learned it. It's about a pound,) browned and drained.
Add one stick of margarine and 2 bouillon cubes
Stir in most of a stalk of celery (sliced) and an onion (diced) and cook till they're softened.
Add a can of cream of mushroom or chicken soup, a bag of croutons for stuffing (with the seasoning) and enough chicken broth to make it the consistency you like. Use a little less if you're going to cook it in the bird because it will absorb some of the juices from the turkey.
I usually start saving the ends of loaves of bread about a month before a holiday. Just put them in the freezer until you need them, thaw them out, chop or tear them and put them in the oven till they're dry. You can use that in place of the croutons, or add them in if you have a big turkey and a lot of people coming and need to stretch the stuffing.
Unread 11-23-2008, 02:07 AM
fruit salad

Okay, since I'm not limited to one recipe, I'll post another.
My kids would be heartbroken if I didn't include this in their Thanksgiving dinner (even though they're grown and have kids of their own.)

Fruit salad
one can of fruit cocktail, drained
one tart apple, peeled, cored and chopped
one banana, sliced lengthwise and chopped
cool whip

Mix together with enough cool whip to make it creamy.
Yum!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-23-2008, 03:45 AM

Okay I make this Thanksgiving morning for the crowd. It's easy and allows me to continue will the dinner feast. This is a simple recipe and no measuring required.

Baked Bacon, Egg & Cheese buscuit (serves up to 12)

(3) cans of ready made biscuits
(1) lb of bacon (pre cooked)
(1 doz) eggs
(1) cup shreded cheese

Preheat oven 325 degrees.
Spray a 9x13 pan with non stick cooking spray. Open the cans of biscuits and place in the pan close together. Press the biscuits until it covers the bottom of the pan.
In a medium bowl, scramble the eggs and pour over the biscuit covered pan. sprinkle the bacon over the eggs.
Sprinkle the chesse across the top. Place in pre heated oven for 20min.
remove and cut into squares. Place on individual plates and Drizzle with syrup or honey. Enjoy!
Unread 11-23-2008, 06:34 AM

Hi there Kathy! Wonderful contest idea! I just wanted to pass along my tradition of making pumpkin cheesecake each year for Thanksgiving--need not included me in the drawing--thanks so very much

Pumpkin Cheesecake

3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
1/2 cup ground pecans
2 tbsp. sugar
2 tbsp. brown sugar
1/4 cup melted butter

Combine all ingredients very well, then press into bottom and about halfway up the sides of a 9" springform pan.
---------------------------------------
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup canned pumpkin
3 egg yolks
1 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ground mace
1/2 tsp. ground ginger
1/4 tsp. salt

Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix very well.
----------------------------------------
3 (8 oz.) packages of cream cheese
1/4 cup + 2 tbsp. sugar
1 egg
1 egg yolk
2 tbsp. whipping cream
1 tbsp. corn starch
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. lemon extract

Beat cream cheese until soft. *Gradually add sugar.* Add egg, egg yolk and whipping cream. Beat until fluffy, then add corn starch and extracts. Mix this all together in the bowl with the pumpkin mixture, and stir very well until it is all smooth and consistent. Pour into springform pan, then bake at 350 degrees for about 55 minutes. The center may be a little soft--test with toothpick (and I usually end up cooking this a bit longer). Allow to cool on a wire rack. Best when refrigerated overnight.

This recipe is actually quite a bit easier than it may sound, and ever, oh-so wonderfully delicious!! If you do not want to mess with making the crust (the only tedious part) or do not have a springform pan, you can always buy a couple of pie crusts (graham craker if you can find them) and just fill those! Adjust baking time as needed and test accordingly.
Unread 11-23-2008, 11:31 AM

Mashed Potatoes are my family's fave dish:

Russet potatoes are the best
Peel, be sure to dig out any eyes
cut in half or quarters boil for approx 10min,
drain and place them in a large mixing bowl
mash with masher til crumbly
add in 1/4 cup melted butter 1/4 cup whole milk or cream
using electric beaters beat or whip the potatoes
add in 1 cup of softened cream cheese
Beat again til fully mixed and smooth

Feel free to add in more butter/milk/cheese while beating until the taste is to your liking!

Yummy!
Unread 11-23-2008, 01:39 PM

Sweet Potato Pudding! Yummy!

SWEET POTATO PUDDING

3 c. boiled mashed sweet potatoes
2 tbsp. melted butter
1/3 c. brown sugar
1 egg, beaten
1/4 c. Amaretto
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1/8 tsp. nutmeg
1/8 tsp. cloves
Sm. marshmallows to taste

Combine all ingredients except marshmallows. Put in a greased baking dish and bake 20 minutes at 350 degrees. Raise oven temperature to 450 degrees. Cover top of pudding with marshmallows and bake until marshmallows are golden brown. Serves 8.
Unread 11-23-2008, 03:04 PM

Thankgiving is a all day event w/ my family, we get together at noon and have the big feast at 7, so I always make sure there are plenty of appitizers.
Everybodys favorite is my deviled potatoes, they are always the first to go,
I will share the recipe w/ all my systers, but before I do I want to let you all know that this year I am so Thankful for each of you, My God Bless you all.
Deviled Potatoes
2-3 pounds medium red potatoes
3 tablespoons vegitable oil
1 cup shredded monterey Jack cheese
1 packaged (3oz) soften cream cheese
1/2 cup sour cream
1/3 cup minced green onions
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 garlic glove minced or 1 table spoon jar garlic
1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
1/4 teaspoon pepper (optional)
1/2 bacon bits
Pierce potatoes; rub skin w/ oil. place in baking pan Bake uncovered @ 400 for 50 mins or until tender. Alllow to cool to the touch. In a mixing bowl, compine montery jack,sour cream,cream cheese,onions,basil,garlic,salt and pepper.Cut potatoes in half,carefully scoop out pulp, leaving a thin shell. Add pulp to cheese mixture and mash,stir in bacon, Stuff potatoe shells. Broil for 7 mins or until heated through.
I hope you all enjoy this as much as my family dose.
's
Diana
Unread 11-23-2008, 05:08 PM

All these recipes sound yummy!

We always have this jello salad:

1 large box strawberry jello (8 serving size)
1 cup boiling water
1 can crushed pineapple (20 oz)
3 medium sized ripe bananas, mashed
1 container frozen sliced strawberries in juice (16 oz)--thawed
finely chopped pecans to taste--I use about 1/4 cup

Dissolve the jello in boiling water. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well. Pour into a glass dish and chill til firm. I always make this the night before.
Unread 11-24-2008, 01:10 AM
Talking - CONTEST: Win a Bed Tray! 2 Winners I need one plz let me wins!

[hello everyone and Happy Thanksgiving!
My fav. recipe for thanksgiving is something I like to make with my 4 yr. old and its very easy.

Crush gramcrackers and melted butter pushed firm to bottom of dish. Any size. Then cut some bannanas. Line the outside of dish with nillas. make some instant bananna pudding, Mix in Bannanas. Pour into dish . Let little ones or husband lick the bowl when done. Put more crushed gramcrackers on top and put in ref. about 2 hrs. All DONE!

Closed Thread

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register