Back to work today! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Back to work today! Back to work today!

Unread 07-21-2008, 11:05 AM
Back to work today!

Well, I did it! I went back to work today. I only worked a half day, and that seemed to be just perfect! I don't feel bad at all. I even did the dishes yesterday, walked my mile, and scrubbed the bathtub! I can't believe how good I actually feel. I do have to go back to work for an hour or so tonight, but I'm meeting a friend who was covering for me so it'll be pretty laid back.

I'm just so happy I'm feeling so well today and wanted to share with everyone. I hope everyone is doing well today also!

Much love & hugs!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-21-2008, 11:24 AM
Back to work today!

(((Skipper)))

Was thinking of you today as I knew this was your first day back! Sounds like it went really good!! I'm so glad!

I'm SO happy you are doing great!!!

I bet it felt good being back and feeling "productive!"

Thanks for sharing,

Hugs,
Jess
XOXOX
Unread 07-22-2008, 08:00 AM
Back to work today!

Ok, so after a couple of hours posting this I fell into a heap of exhaustion! I did NOT go back to work last night, I had to bail on my friend because I couldn't keep my eyes open!

Otherwise, I'm still feeling great. I'll just have to learn to pace myself so I'm not so darn tired! I did get a tad upset about it last night because DH didn't seem to have any sympathy for me. I got funny looks and all when I mentioned being SO tired. I think when I got my "release" he just figured I'm all better now! Sheesh!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-22-2008, 09:26 AM
Back to work today!

(((Skipper)))

Thanks for the update.

And I can understand about your DH. My H sometimes gives me funny looks when I talk about the post-op healing process, being tired, not being fully myself for 6 months to a year. Sigh.

Unless a person has this procedure done, they have no idea what we go through physically and emotionally.

When I went back to work the first time at 4 weeks, one of the top managers asked me how I was. I said, "TIRED!" and he goes, "STILL?" I just shook my head, he's a dinkwad anyways. LOL. I SO need a new job!

Let us know how it goes today, k?

Hugs,
Jess XOXOX
Unread 07-22-2008, 12:20 PM
Back to work today!

ShawnMarie:
I was reading your first post & was about to congratulate you for feeling so good. I was jealous & amazed! Then I read on & I was thinking ah ha! She isn't a superhero after all!

I am glad that you went back to work & got back into the real world, but I hear ya sister about the exhaustion. It hits you like a ton of bricks doesn't it?!

Men just don't get it that is for sure, sadly some women who have never experienced anything close to this don't either. I have been told numerous times to "suck it up" by a 22 year old female.

Ah to be young, energetic without a care in the world again! Despite it all, I would not trade my life for hers any day!

Get some good rest & relaxation today, you deserve it!
Unread 07-22-2008, 12:49 PM
Back to work today!

Men definately don't "get it". I asked for help lugging the laundry baskets back inside (folded laundry weighs more than dirty laundry because you can pack more into the basket....you would think my engineer DH would realize that) and I got a funny look.

My burning question is: What exactly is a dinkwad???

BTW, I don't want to be a superhero anymore, I'm TIRED of trying.

Be Well. Mindy
Unread 07-22-2008, 01:22 PM
Back to work today!

Hi Kara! No, Superwoman I am not... lol I was a little too excited to return to the world of productivity and did a little too much between Sunday & Monday! I didn't even go to work this morning... I am going tonight for about an hour and I'm supposed to go on my 30 minute walk/jog tonight. It will be the first time I've returned to running, so we'll see how it goes! How is work going for you??? I can't imagine working 12 hour shifts right now!

Mindy - I agree, I'm tired of trying, too!!! I've just decided that if people (DH and any others) want to give me a funny look, so be it! Darn it, I'm only going to do what I feel capable of doing. Everyone else be darned

Jess - yeah, as you see from above, I didn't go to work today. I did take a shower, however! lol I've been relaxing in my chair, reading a book... I think I'm going to be easing back into this in a much different way than I had planned! Everyone will just have to be patient with me

Hope everyone is having a lovely day!!!

Hugs!
Unread 07-22-2008, 01:23 PM
Back to work today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindyMindyMindy
Men definately don't "get it". I asked for help lugging the laundry baskets back inside (folded laundry weighs more than dirty laundry because you can pack more into the basket....you would think my engineer DH would realize that) and I got a funny look.

My burning question is: What exactly is a dinkwad???

BTW, I don't want to be a superhero anymore, I'm TIRED of trying.

Be Well. Mindy

My way of not trying to say "worse than a jerk." LOL. I don't think I can use the word I really want to use teehee.

Jess
Unread 07-22-2008, 01:26 PM
Back to work today!

I may adopt the use of "dinkwad"! lol I'll just have to be careful not to use it around the kids or I'll be hearing it all the time... Or, maybe they'd just laugh at me 'cause I sound old!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register