heavy bleeding 2weeks postoperative supracervical hysterectomy - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

heavy bleeding 2weeks postoperative supracervical hysterectomy heavy bleeding 2weeks postoperative supracervical hysterectomy

Unread 02-27-2014, 11:53 AM
Re: heavy bleeding 2weeks postoperative supracervical

update:
I am still bleeding, no change. My doctor had me come in yesterday for an ultrasound. It showed no hematoma, no "free fluid" the only thing it showed was an ovarian cyst. She said the cyst proves that I did or am ovulating. My doctor advised to rest for now, she feels it is from a dissolved stitch and menstruation. As of now my vitals and symptoms are stable but if the bleeding does not stop this weekend she is going to do some bloodwork. At 6 week checkup she is going to do a procedure called "coning" to remove the cyst??? never heard of it, but she believes it maybe from me overdoing it and my body is still healing. She checked everything internally and says everything looks great. So I guess I wait and see. I hope it sops soon and I am praying I am not cursed with terrible periods after this. Ugh. I will update, hopefully with great news that this is better. Thanks again for all the support!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-27-2014, 01:27 PM

Pray this gets resolve soon.So unsettling since pre op you did not have heavy bleeding.Maybe someone with DvH can shed some light or experience. Hugs and peace.
Unread 02-27-2014, 05:03 PM

Thanks for updating. I have not heard of coning. They always just left my cysts alone. Make sure they check your iron level when you have the bloodwork to make sure you are not anemic from losing the blood. Try to rest and take it easy. I do hope things resolve on their own. Hugs to you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-28-2014, 09:46 AM
heavy bleeding 2weeks postoperative supracervical hysterectomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larks27 View Post
Thanks for updating. I have not heard of coning. They always just left my cysts alone. Make sure they check your iron level when you have the bloodwork to make sure you are not anemic from losing the blood. Try to rest and take it easy. I do hope things resolve on their own. Hugs to you.
I will. . Thank you. As hard as it was I stayed off my feet for the most part yesterday and the bleeding has definitely slowed down. I can't say thank you enough for all the support.
Unread 03-07-2014, 07:06 AM

ds1982.praying you are better.Have a good day!
Unread 03-07-2014, 08:26 AM
heavy bleeding 2weeks postoperative supracervical hysterectomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalena4 View Post
ds1982.praying you are better.Have a good day!
Thank you so much! I finally stopped bleeding yesterday. Just going to take it easy until my 6 week follow up on the 18th and hope I have no more set backs. I appreciate the support and kind words so much. It is very comforting. I'm so happy this website is here. Nice to know you are not alone.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register