PMS Symptoms After Surgery If You Kept Ovaries? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

PMS Symptoms After Surgery If You Kept Ovaries? PMS Symptoms After Surgery If You Kept Ovaries?

Unread 07-05-2008, 08:11 PM
PMS Symptoms After Surgery If You Kept Ovaries?

As my cycles were not regular pre hysterectomy, they have not been regular post hysterectomy! Prior to my hyst I had used birth control pills to help with my cycles and the bcp also helped with PMS. So now it is just me and my hormones! Can get quite interesting to say the least! Sometimes I have very noticable PMS with bloating, cravings, moodiness, etc. and other times I can go months with no symptoms. Some months I feel ovulation, some I don't!

For me, I think the PMS has been worth being able to keep my ovaries! Best wishes to you! S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-05-2008, 08:16 PM

I have had the breast tenderness and, perhaps, the irritability. Or I could just be having a bad day at work, who knows? But I don't really know when it's time for my cycle. And I haven't missed it a bit.
Unread 07-05-2008, 08:38 PM

I'm 8 days post-op and haven't eaten this much chocolate in my entire life! My DH threw an Un Birthday party for me and I ate three chocolate, chocolate chip muffins with chocolate cream watching the Spiderwick Chronicles! I'm sure glad those ovaries are working for me!

Smiles!
ambersbug
Unread 07-06-2008, 05:35 AM

Thank you ladies for sharing your experiences; this sure is helpful !!
Unread 07-20-2008, 07:00 PM

I had my partial about 4 years ago and ever since some months I have severe PMS symptoms and some months its not so bad. When I had my uterus I hardly ever PMSed at all. I am not sure if this is normal or not or if it is something to see a Dr. about.
Unread 07-21-2008, 02:40 PM

I had a TAH, and kept my ovaries. I still have PMS symptoms, but not like I did before. My breast still get sore but I don't have the moodiness like I did before. I think the moodiness was due to all the cramping I was experiencing, (and I mean it was bad)but now that I don't have the cramping, the moodiness is gone to. My cycle would of been this week and boy is it different now and I am so much happier. Don't miss it one bit.
Unread 07-21-2008, 05:46 PM

I had major PMS prior to surgery. I am 5 weeks post op and it is slowly returning. I have had the sore boobs, backache and groin pain. It seems to be happening about every two weeks (normal for me). My dr asked me to stick it out for a few months and see if my body adjusts on its own. If not, I'll start progesterone again. That seems to be the only thing that controlls it for me. good luck!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register