I'm so happy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 05-10-2005, 06:57 AM
I'm so happy

MY mom is on her way to be with me She's in N.C i'm in central Fla.now i cant stop crying,tears of joy.Don't get me wrong,my dh has been great through all this,he's alway's saying"honey if i can take it off you and put it on me i would"I love my husband for being so supportive.And with my mom here,i am doubley blessed.Strange,i feel like a huge weight has been lifted,i don't feel scared anymore.I know im babbling on.i sound like a big baby dont i?wanting my mom at 41 y/o.

Lynn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-10-2005, 07:40 AM
You should be !!

Don't feel a bit guilty for wanting your mommy... I told my DH from the start that I wanted my mommy there. I explained to him that when I was in my first marriage my ex did not want anyone else in the room when we had our first child, because he wanted it to be special. I put my foot down on the second child, and demanded my mom be there. There is something about the way she tells me that its going to be alright that totally calms me down. My ex could have never gave me the comfort that my mom does. I DH understood and said the most important thing about my upcoming surgery is that I feel secure and ready.

So keep your chin up, our moms will be there make it all better !!!

Take care and good luck,

Carolyn
Unread 05-10-2005, 09:06 AM
I'm so happy

Don't feel badly about wanting your mom near you. It's awesome that she can come and be with you. Seems no matter how old we get, we still want our moms there to soothe us.

Sounds like you've got a great support system between your dh and your mom. Take advantage of that.

Sending you s and blessings for a smooth surgery and recovery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-10-2005, 09:12 AM
I'm so happy

Great! I am glad that your mom will be with you. It does make it alot more bearable to be surrounded by supportive loved ones and friends. Good luck!
Unread 05-10-2005, 10:10 AM
I'm so happy

LOL, you don't sound like a baby to me! I stayed at mom's house the night before surgery and for five days after surgery! Husband stayed here with the kids and I let mom take care of me!

I'm really glad your mom can be there with you!

Good Luck and take care!

Lori
Unread 05-10-2005, 10:51 AM
I'm so happy

I don't know what I would do without my mom. I really would be lost. It doesn't matter how old you are, there is always something comforting about your mom coming in to help. If that makes us babies than that's what I want to be!
Unread 05-10-2005, 11:18 AM
I'm so happy

The relationship of mother to child is unlike any other.
No matter what your age is, she will always be the one who comforts you like no other.
It is the mother who gives unconditionally.
Right now that is what you need.

You are not being childish or immature in any way.
You are being human.
I am quite sure that as happy as you are to have your mom with you, she is just as happy to be able to do it.
Recover quickly and easily.
Unread 05-10-2005, 11:34 AM
I'm so happy

I would not have been able to get through without my mom. So funny that so close to Mothers Day we are all praising our mothers :-) and admitting how much we need them!

I am so blessed to have my mother! She came up a couple days before surgery and stayed for well over a week...DH is great - but I wanted and needed my mommy :-)

to all the moms out there

Linda
Unread 05-10-2005, 02:22 PM
Having mom was wonderful: A girlfriend is also a blessing

I agree. Having my mom the first day after I came out of recovery was wonderful. It just felt like she had everything under control and I wasn't alone. Really all she did was feed me ice chips and read her book while I slept, but I knew that if I needed anything, she was there. Also, even though almost all of my nurses were wonderful, I had one nurse who thought she knew more than my doctor. My mother was there to back me up. She also bought me a pretty night gown and robe and made my family a dinner that lasted several days.

However, if for some reason I didn't have my mother with me, having a special girlfriend there would have made a difference. The first 2 days I was home, my mother and husband needed to work, so my girlfriend came and hung out, just in case I needed anything. She read her book while I slept and cleaned when I was awake. When my kids came home from school, she was there to help with homework and what have you. It was so nice and since she is like a sister to me, I didnt feel ackward about not entertaining her. It also gave my husband peace of mind.
Unread 05-10-2005, 03:20 PM
I'm so happy

What I've always found is that my mom just KNOWS what to do and does is, whereas my dh is more than happy to do anything I ASK him to do. It's nice to have someone around who will just do the right thing without even the effort of asking!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register