? Regarding Energy postop | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

? Regarding Energy postop ? Regarding Energy postop

Unread 03-15-2008, 02:05 PM
? Regarding Energy postop

I have read almost every post by someone who has had an LSH and the amount of fatigue is quite worrisome. My question however is....since i am 9 months post op SBO and have been tired for 9 months is it going to be worse or has everyone been tired because of the sudden estrogen loss?
I don't think I can afford to be any more tired than I already am.
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-15-2008, 06:56 PM

I'll be having a LSH in less then two weeks. The impression I got from everyone being tired is because the body gets drained of energy healing from the surgery. I would think the LSH wouldn't be quite as tiring as some other surgeries with larger incisions though. Maybe someone will come along and let us know how long the tiredness lasts. I'm thinking a couple months or less. I'm just guessing since I haven't had the surgery.
Unread 03-15-2008, 09:33 PM

Hi ladies,
This is my personal experience only- I, too, was in chronic pain & drained of energy all the time before my hys. It was about 6 weeks post-op that I started to feel better. By 8 weeks, I was a new person. I felt 10 years younger & still do. My hys. was one of the best things I've ever done for myself & I'd do it all over in a heartbeat!
Good Luck!!
Sue
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-15-2008, 10:01 PM

One of the things that affected me was the anemia I had before the surgery. So I was weak with no engery before surgery and so I did not have much after surgery. I am almost 6 weeks post op and my engery is starting to come back pretty well. I am almost leary of saying I am over the hump but I think that I am and life will start to get much better. The reason I chose the LSH was because I did not/would not take much pain meds along with I had no other ab surgeries. I also needed to keep stomach muscles intact for my back. So far so good.
Unread 03-16-2008, 02:35 PM

I had an LSH on 2/22 and really the only lingering side effect was fatigue. Within four days, I wasn't in pain - just tired. I asked my doc about it at my two week post op and he said to give it another week, it should be better and by four more weeks it should be gone. Last Friday (exactly three weeks post op) I suddenly felt much better. I'm still tired at the end of the day, but I haven't needed a nap in the afternoon.

I think that's the hard part about the Laparoscopic procedure - you don't hurt, you aren't sore yet your body is still recovering and that's easy to forget.
Unread 03-17-2008, 02:06 AM

I was exhausted going into the LSH, and slept for the first few days after the op. But by week 2, I was starting to feel better. My doc said the more you rest in the first few days, the more likely that you'll recover faster. I found the lack of energy was linked to the pain meds. As soon as I was off them, I had most of my energy back.
I did find that I got tired more easily (after physical exersion) for the first two months after the op, but it sorted itself out and I've been pain-free and energetic since.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register