Another question | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Another question Another question

Unread 08-16-2006, 09:42 PM
Another question

I have experienced migraines since I was about 15. They are the type that give me a warning before all H*** breaks loose with pain. My warning is losing sight in one eye and when the sight is restored, that's when the pain hits. I've been checked and there's no big medical problem behind them. Anyway, to make a long story short, as I've gotten older, I get less and less of them (yea!!), but since July 27th, I've had about 8 of them. I was down to maybe 1 per year prior to surgery.
I haven't said anything to the Dr, mainly because I think this hernia thing is a little more important right now, but I'm wondering, anybody else out there experience anything like this??
Thanks!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-16-2006, 11:09 PM
Another question

I have had a history of these...but no more than 4-5 a year. Mine give me warning by putting kind of an aura around any light source. I didn't have a full blown migraine last Sunday...but I had all the warning signs...and got a really bad headache that I was able to curb then sleep through using some percocet.

Mine have always been hormonal and I definitely had some PMS over the weekend. Maybe the stress of surgery with the recovery is taxing whatever controls your body put in place to prevent them?
Unread 08-16-2006, 11:14 PM
Another question

Yes - I have been having troubles with headaches and migraines since my surgery.

Before surgery I had tried Topamax to prevent migraines. It helped to get my migraines to two/month...but it made me feel as dumb as a box of rocks. So, with an OK from my doctor I weaned myself off of the Topamax and my headaches and migraines are worse.

I'm trying to find other meds to prevent my migraine attacks now. So far - they haven't kicked in so I can't say if they will or won't work.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-17-2006, 09:07 AM
Migraines

I have also had migraines since I was a teen everyday until about 4 years ago (they started at 16, I'm 45 now), they had improved but yesterday (1 1/2 weeks post op), my head felt like it was going to explode. I've had a few others after the surgery but this was the worst one. I don't get the warnings like you but have problems with light, sound, smell and nausea/vomitting after they hit. I see my doctor today to remove the rest of the staples and will see if he can prescribe something that won't cause internal bleeding (since I can't take my old pills right now and the new ones don't work as well--at least I woke up without it this morning. Yesterday it felt like it was going to be one of those 3 day headaches!--at the least the bed rest wouldn't have cramped my style right now, since that's where I still spend most of my time.

Good luck with yours. I hope the doctor can give you something to help.
Unread 08-17-2006, 09:40 AM
Another question

I still seem to have my menstrual migraines and have had a few post op due to the weather changes. I know my warning signs so I usually take care of it before it gets out of control. I'd say give your body 6-9 weeks to reset and if you are still having problems talk to your doctor at your post op.

-ebeb
LAVH 6/29, 30yrs, kept ovaries
Unread 08-17-2006, 09:51 AM
Another question

I have also been having migraines again since surgery. I am 3 weeks post op , and have had 2 migraines since. before surgery it had been 3 years since last one.
Unread 08-17-2006, 10:31 AM
Another question

I, too, have experienced my migraines since surgery. Mine are typically just the weird aura in my field of vision (occular) and in the past haven't gone into actually headaches (lucky me!) but yesterday...I almost couldn't see out of my left eye and the headache afterwards made me want to cry.
Unread 08-17-2006, 11:06 AM
Another question

WOW!! I'm surprised at how many of you are finding the same thing. I'm unlike most and don't take one of the migraine drugs that are out there. Years ago, my doctor prescribed Fioricet w/codeine to take when my sight begins to go out and if I do that (as long as it doesn't come on too quick), I'll still lose the sight (not blackness, just vision replaced by a fuzzy tv screen effect) but I won't get the massive pain.
I'm still getting the pain now even with the drug.
I'm also going to take the advice and give myself plenty of time to recover and see if it gets any better before I mention it to the Dr.
Thanks everyone for letting me know I'm not alone!!
Unread 08-17-2006, 11:43 AM
Another question

My migraines (lights off, bury your head in a pillow and hope to die kind) have not decreased or increased since surgery, that I have noticed. but, this may have to do with the fact that prior to my surgery, my doc prescribed a drug called Migrin...it is fairly new...but, MAGIC! If I feel one coming on (little black spots in my vision and a dull ache on the side of my head), I take one and wait about ten minutes, if it does not ease up I take one more and within 20 minutes I feel great. My brain feels a little tender, so I wouldn't go to a rock concert...but I have taken it at work, at home, at events....No groggy, no stupid me, no buzzy caffieny feeling. I only take them about once or twice a month, but I have not suffered from a migraine since I filled the prescription....And I was used to having migraines overtake at least 24 hours of my life, at least 2 or 3 times a month.
I am not a doctor, so check with yours...but this Migrin has worked wonderfully for me.

(FYI...I was formally a percocet, as well as a fironal user...which, never really helped...I just took three or four and eventually fell asleep with the headache)

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register