HysterSisters between 35-40...Advice Needed | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

HysterSisters between 35-40...Advice Needed HysterSisters between 35-40...Advice Needed

Unread 01-29-2011, 06:31 AM
HysterSisters between 35-40...Advice Needed

So, I am freaking out now. I've had a week to let it settle in that I am having a hysterectomy...now I cannot stop worrying about it. Looking to find women between the ages of 35-40 who are in the same boat, or who have already been throught it for advice. I am 37...having DaVinci procedure...removing everything and having peritoneal wash as well...Symptoms prompting procedure include irregular bleeding, bloating, unexplainable pain when standing from a sitting possition (not always, but enough to be bothersome), and very strong family hystory of Ovarian Cancer...Mom, maternal grandmother, and maternal cousin. My mom had hysterectomy for the same symptoms and woke up to find she was Stage 3c Ovarian Cancer....hence my immense fear. I tell myself this is not going to happen to me becasue I have been very proactive with my preventative care. She taught me what to look for and how to be diligent in visiting GYN. Even changed to GYN/ONC. Had tubes removed 4 years ago and it was painful afterward, lots of gas pains, etc. Any preop diet suggestions which could prevent gas issues this time around? Any support you have to offer is greatly appreciated...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-29-2011, 06:58 PM
Re: HysterSisters between 35-40...Advice Needed

Hope37, I am 35 and scheduled for a LAVH (possible TAH) next Friday. I don't have any words of advice just yet, but I just wanted to let you know you aren't alone. I feel like each day I come up with a new fear or concern about the surgery and what they might find. I have known my surgery date for almost two months now. It has NOT been an easy wait, but the ladies on this site are priceless. Day or night you can just pop on here and there are several wonderful people willing to "hold your hand" or calm your nerves with kind words. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Best of luck to you.
Unread 01-29-2011, 07:01 PM

I am 36 and had a TAH on the 19th. Just know you are not alone and there is always someone here to lend a helping hand or words of support!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-29-2011, 07:10 PM
HysterSisters between 35-40...Advice Needed

Thank you. Your kind words are exactly what I need. Have had trouble getting anything done. I want to crawl up under the covers and cry. My hubby thinks I am working myself up for nothing because surgery isn't until the end of Feb. I want him to help give our bedroom a makeover but he insists there is plenty of time
I disagree. Plus I have never been a procrastinator. Tomorrow I will try to get something done. Today I got up and just went through the motions throughout the day. Night time is the worst. I lay in bed at night thinking about it. Hmmm maybe tonight I will get up and work in my room. If I turn on the lights and make noise maybe Hubby will wake up and be coerced into helping.
Unread 01-29-2011, 07:47 PM

Hi! I just turned 36 the first of this mth. My troubles began last year shortly after I turned 35! I had heavy, prolonged bleeding, and experienced some pain from a fibroid. Had NovaSure ablation that did NOT work then went in for DaVinci assisted vaginal hystrectomy (kept ovaries) in Nov. Recovery was great and I'm ALMOST feeling normal...JUST discovered I have a rectocele that I need surgery on soon!
Will pray for you and know that you can find LOTS of support here! I, myself was surprised to find how common all these 'issues' are for women our age! Certainly not something I could have ever imagined! And I am the only one in my family (between my mom, and sisters) that is going through these female problems.
I love my Hystersisters
Unread 01-29-2011, 08:21 PM

I'm 38 and scheduled next week. I don't have any specific advice, except to say that I hope you've mentioned all your concerns and questions to your doctor. And also, obviously, you're not alone.
Unread 01-29-2011, 09:42 PM

im not in yout age range(24) but i might be able to help a little.
My uterus is being removed because i had scar tissue from previous c-sections that has attached to my intestines which causes alot of pain espesialy when i have gas. The normal amount of gas for the average person is absolutly horrible. I also had issues with gas after my c-sections.The best advice i have for that is gas-x or beano. I also drink alot of water to try and avoid gassy foods. I know everyone is diffrent but the things that will give me gas is cabbage,ice cream coffee, eggs, and anything with beans or things that have heavy cream like alfredo sauce. Im sorry your going threw a hard time, i just recently got my date! feb 16th ive been fighting with my insurance for the past 4 months so ive had alot of time to think about it and let it sink in. I too wanted my bedroom painted and stuff too but i dont think its gonna happen before my hyster which kind of sucks since im gonna be spending alot of time here when im in recovery.
anyways good luck!! keep us posted!
(HUGS)
-ash
Unread 01-29-2011, 10:43 PM

You're definitely not alone! I'm 37 and had a LAVH 10 1/2 weeks ago. I too was really worried before hand. Being this side of the op now though it is so nice to not have any problems or pain any more. I also had problems with gas after the op but it settled down pretty quickly.
Unread 01-29-2011, 11:37 PM

I'm 36 and also having the Da Vinci procedure with possible LSO on Wednesday. You are not alone. I got a call from the hospital the other day to preregister. That made it seem more real. I'm starting to get a little anxious.
Unread 01-30-2011, 04:57 AM

Hope- I am 38 and having LSH done tomorrow due to large fibroid that is causing bleeding or spotting EVERY DAY, very frequent urination and makes me look pregnant.

Unfortunately I AM a procrastinator- so today we are cleaning up an getting the house in order- LOL! Nothing huge like redoing/painting a room... Just washing sheets, dusting vacuuming, etc.

I feel for you on the no sleep thing. I have been regularly having to take Melatonin lately to help me sleep. Otherwise 8 million things are running through my head...

Good luck to all of you with your upcoming surgeries!

Amy

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register