10 days post op, weird pains and sensations? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

10 days post op, weird pains and sensations? 10 days post op, weird pains and sensations?

Unread 02-16-2013, 02:52 PM
10 days post op, weird pains and sensations?

Hi all - I have never joined a forum before but decided to join this one after every search I entered brought me here!

I had a total hysterectomy with bilateral salpingo-oophorectomy. It is so new to me I still keep having to look up what it is called. I had pain for a year in my left hip and went through orthopedist, xrays and physical therapy before I found out I had a baseball sized ovarian cyst and really severe endometriosis that was discovered during surgery. My left ovary wasn't even in the right place and was crushing my bowel. That's where my pain was coming from. It was scary but it was nice to have some validation after a year of doctors telling me everybody has back pain! MY surgery was done robotically. I am now 10 days post op and recovering pretty well, just tired of not being able to do all that much!

Other than the usual achy sore stiff abdominal aches, I have sharp sudden pains in my abdomen that seem to be gas pains. They come suddenly and disappear as quickly as they came. It's like ow, OW, OW, I think I'm dying and then poof - just like that it' gone, haha. I'm assuming that's from the healing from the endometrial sites? Also, this week, I have a deep radiating pain that comes and goes near one of the top incisions (I have 4). It aches but it goes away. The incisions look clean and seem to be healing. Anyone else have that weird pain? Other than that I have some achy pain in my back and my hips - what is that? It doesn't feel like surgery sore, it feels like muscle aches or strains? Anyone?
Hope everyone is doing well and healing!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-16-2013, 03:49 PM
Re: 10 days post op, weird pains and sensations?

Hi neet25,

Welcome to HysterSisters! I'm not sure I can answer your questions, but I had a TAH with left salpingo.... (I had a right salpingo... about 3 years ago) on Jan. 10th. My endo had moved my colon out of place. I'm so glad you found the real reason of your pain ... just sorry it led to all this.

I did not have the gas pains with my TAH, but I did with previous laparoscopic surgeries I had. I'm not sure what all your different pains are, but I can tell you that I've had a wide variety of pains and sensations and soreness with this surgery (though mine was abdominal).

Sometimes a heating pad helped with mine. I also found that I was trying to go without meds, so eventually started taking Ibuprofen again.

Maybe someone else has better answers. Like you said, hopefully it's just the healing process.
Unread 02-16-2013, 04:25 PM
Re: 10 days post op, weird pains and sensations?

Thanks so much for your reply! It sounds like your story is similar to mine with the crazy endometriosis moving organs out of place! I literally would have hours and hours of pain at night where I wanted to scream prior to the surgery. So these little aches and pains are very manageable, it just make you wonder what it is! As I poke around here a little more, I see that more and more people describe just random, weird little pains and sensations. So that is comforting to know even though I hate to hear of other people being in pain.
My next worry is the whole HRT road... ugh.
Thanks again for your reply. Hope you are feeling well!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register