About pushing the shopping cart...don't... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

About pushing the shopping cart...don't... About pushing the shopping cart...don't...

Unread 08-15-2010, 07:20 PM
About pushing the shopping cart...don't...

I am 3 1/2 weeks out from my TAH. School starts tomorrow. I teach and worked half days Thurs. and Fri. during teacher days. DH worked all weekend. I needed to get food for lunches this week, so I went to Walmart this morning. I took it slow, but I had to push the cart because I was alone. That was a huge mistake. I have been in tons of pain today. Lying down all afternoon, ice pack, ibuprofen...still in pain. Hope I didn't screw something up.

Sisters, take it from me, no matter how good you are feeling, do not push yourself. And, do not push the cart...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-15-2010, 07:50 PM
Re: About pushing the shopping cart...don't...

Oh yikes! Hoping you're just a little sore from overdoing, and nothing else. I also went food shopping yesterday for our youngest daughter's birthday. I'm two weeks post-op, and took the hubby and one of our sons with us. My hubby rides on one of the electric scooters as he is disabled and has foot problems. I pushed the cart for a bit to help support my walking, but as it started getting heavier, our son took over. I wouldn't recommend pushing a heavy cart around either! Take care and rest!
Unread 08-15-2010, 08:09 PM

I did the same thing at about the same recovery time! I thought I could use the cart for support. Worked fine til it was full and I tried to maneuver it! I paid for it to!
It`s amazing the things you don`t think will hurt!
Hope you feel better soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-15-2010, 08:56 PM

wow, this post made me realize that on my most recent shopping trip, i didn't even think twice about manuevering my grocery cart around the store...not once, the whole time!! so, be encouraged ladies -- you WILL get better, you WILL get back to grocery shopping, you WILL get back to walmart!!!

of course, it's the carrying of my grocery bags that still gets me, even being 11 weeks out...i can only manage one grocery bag at a time, instead of one in each arm. (uh, i know it's not "green" but i'm a "paper" girl still...guess if i switched to plastic, i might be able to carry more bags, huh?!)

listen to your bodies, dear ones! give those abs and pelvic floor muscles the respect they need right now, to keep rested and take it easy. it pays off in the long run. this is not the time for being a healing-hero...ask for help whenever possible. (and no-touchy the carts!!!)
Unread 08-15-2010, 09:02 PM

I will be 2 months tomorrow and I still cannot push a cart with items in around without it hurting. I was reminded of this yesterday when I went to the grocery store with my husband. So def. be careful and don't push the carts.
Unread 08-15-2010, 10:04 PM

ME TOO!!!! Yikes!!! I had my knee replaced 2 years ago so I usually always push the cart. I litereally shopped for 4 hours yesterday (Sat) with my daughter for school stuf but SHE pushed the cart. Today I had to do some grocery shopping... 40 minutes. I was a moron and demanded to push the cart. OMG! Why does it hurt to push the cart. My cart was not even heavy! No more pushing carts for me until Sept 3!

Warning... seriously....do not push the cart!!!

I dont understand why...but just dont do it!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register