Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates May 08-May 14,2017 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates May 08-May 14,2017 Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates May 08-May 14,2017

Unread 05-08-2017, 04:00 AM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates May 08-May 14,2017

If your hysterectomy was between May 08-May 14,2017 this is the place to post your progress during your hysterectomy recovery.

If you have a question about your hysterectomy recovery, please start a new thread to receive answers and support for your concerns instead of including the question in your update! There is information on how to start a new thread in this link: New Here? or you can use this link: Post a New Topic in the Post-Op forum.

Post how you are doing here when you are home and well enough to sit a few minutes at your computer.

We hope you are recovering well with plenty of rest and water and a bit of walking. Don't forget to pamper the princess!

How to use the Recovery Progress Reports thread:

• 1. This thread is for the purpose of sharing updates on your recovery as you heal from your hysterectomy.

• 2. Generally, ONE or TWO posts on this thread per member/per day is adequate to share your daily progress and to share encouragement with your surgery week Sisters.

• 3. Remember to start a new thread on the Post-Op message board to ask your questions.

• 4. The Progress Report threads now begin in our special forum for all Hysterectomy Recovery Reports and will remain there for you to always find your discussion.
  • 5. Remember all the love and support you got here as a pre-op member? Now it's YOUR turn to give back to the women in the Pre-Op Hysterectomy Support forum. Extend your hand and your hugs in replies to our pre-op ladies in waiting. This will complete our circle of women helping women!
  • 6. You can also share support and experiences with post-op members in all phases of recovery in the Post-Op Hysterectomy Support forum by replying on the new threads they create.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-08-2017, 12:37 PM
Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates May 08-May 14,2017

You've made it to the other side!!!

I'm so happy to see that you've made it to you're Recovery Progress Report thread

I am you're Hostess wandatd, feel free to call me Wanda if you like and I'm here to help you through your recovery process by offering support through any personal experience that I can offer by pointing you in the direction of the many wonderful resources the site has to offer and by answering any questions that you may have as go through your recovery journey.

Here are a few things that I learned though my recovery that may be helpful to you:

Drink Plenty of water

Take your pain meds as scheduled. You'll want to stay ahead of the pain.

Walk a little each hour that you are not resting

Listen to your body

We all heal at a different pace. You will get to where you need to be, exactly when you are supposed to be there.

and most importantly,

Rest, Rest, Rest: you'll have plenty of time to get back to being the awesome superwoman that you are

One thing that I would like each of you to remember is that you only get one chance to heal right the first time. The recovery process is a marathon, not a sprint. Have with yourself and the recovery process, don't try to rush it.:

We will get through this journey together!!

Unread 05-10-2017, 02:24 AM

Good morning! I had a TAH yesterday due to very large fibroids, keeping one ovary. I have had 3 c-sections and was hoping my pain would be similar. As I have learned, I am in much more pain. Pain meds are helping, but the gas rumbling around my stomach definitely needs to go lol. My throat is very sore as well from the tube. Honestly yesterday was a little bit of a blur, but I have woken up this morning ready to start the healing. Sending lots of thoughts, prayers and gentle hugs to all my sisters!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-10-2017, 03:17 PM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates May 08-May 14,2017

i had my TAH and cystectomy surgery monday afternoon, and just came home a couple hours ago. so far it has been a really great experience.

my hospital was great (it's brand newly remodeled and so beautiful with stained glass windows and enormous private rooms with flat screens and comfy pull out couches for guests since they have 24 hour visiting and people can just sleep right there with you and a world class chef on staff so even the food was amazing lol) and the staff very attentive and kind. the surgery went well and as planned. my pain has been managed really well and I've felt great walking and moving on my own since yesterday morning.

the only negative of the whole thing was that there were no rooms available when my surgery was finished so i was in a small post op recovery room for monday evening and part of Tuesday. still, the staff took such good care of me i didnt mind too much. mostly it was just kind of cramped.

all in all this has been really good and I'm hoping that continues. my wife is on her way back from picking up my prescriptions and I'm resting comfortably in bed at home with my worry wart cat hovering.

here's hoping everyone else has a great recovery and we all get a wonderful post period life!
Unread 05-10-2017, 05:35 PM
Post hysterectomy

I had my hysterectomy yesterday, and actually I'm doing pretty good. I had the robotic assistant laprascopic hysterectomy, but she didn't finish with the robot, because my uterus was too big and I had scare tissue due to c-sections. I had to be cut. I'm not happy with being cut, but I did know in advance that it was a possibility. Since I was cut on I then turned into an in-patient. I should get out tomorrow.
Unread 05-10-2017, 08:36 PM

Whew!!!!!! I had a Laparoscopic hysterectomy 5/8/17....so far so good.....except the gas!!! Sweet mercy the gas is not fun, lol.....it's trapped and won't "exit". I am greatful for the belly band I have and tons of firm pillows. I have super bad allergies so I'm doing LOTS of coughing and sneezing and it's painful. Other than that I'm happy! I wish everyone a safe and speedy recovery!
Unread 05-10-2017, 09:15 PM

I'm glad you all made your way to your recovery thread Congratulations on successful surgeries ladies!!! Now let the healing begin!

Try keeping a pillow handy to press against your stomach when coughing or sneezing, it may help a little. Try to drink plenty of water also and when you are allowed to, walking will help with the gas. Although it may be easier and less painful to walk bent over, try to (gradually) stand up straight. It'll help with that trapped gas.

Happy healing ladies and remember your recovery is a marathon not a sprint.

Unread 05-10-2017, 10:17 PM
May 9th DaVinci

I had my laproscopic DaVinci method on May 9 at 10 a.m. I planned to keep the one ovary that I still had, but it had two large cysts, so they took it. One ruptured. They are 99% certain that it is not cancer, but are sending it to pathology.

The pain right after surgery was not good, but after sleeping some, I have been doing really well. I slept great in the hospital last night. I came home today, on the 10th. I haven't really felt pain until tonight. Mostly at the vaginal opening, as they pushed everything through there without cutting it up. I have never had children, so I guess it was not easy to get it out. It hurts when I wipe after urinating; I need to remember not to wipe with any force.

I did not take any pain meds today except for this morning at the hospital when they gave me one. I finally took an ibuprofen tonight because of the vaginal opening pain.

I am constipated. They gave me stool softeners 3 times, but it didn't work. They told me to take a laxative if it didn't work, so I took a Dulcolax around two hours ago. Still no luck. It says that it takes 6 hours to kick in.

So are it has been fairly good. I hope it does't get worse. Thanks for all of the support!
Unread 05-11-2017, 03:24 AM
Post Surgery Day#1

Surgery Went well A cervical Biopsy showed No Cancar was present so My cervix, uterus,and tubes we're only moved because of the CIN 3 . In Alot Of Pain especially when urinating Is This Normal ?? Was advised to eat only soup for two days!! I Am very Pleased With The Outcome!! Be Blessed Everyone :
Unread 05-11-2017, 10:28 AM

Surgery west well. Stayed in the hospital 1 night for observation. Doc wanted a follow-up tomorrow. My main concern is that while I have passed gas, I still haven't had a bowel movement yet.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register