The Flu!!!!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

The Flu!!!!!! The Flu!!!!!!

Unread 01-26-2006, 04:03 PM
The Flu!!!!!!

I am not scheduled until Feb20th but I have come down with the flu and I feel awful I wonder if I will get to keep my date. 2of my kids have it and so i am worried!!! I hope it makes a quick run through and then we can all be done with this dang flu stuff it has made me feel lousy and fatigued I go for a surgical clearence with my cardiologist next Tuesday so I hope everything is still a go!!! Hope everybody stays clear of the flu stuff Thanks for any input!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-26-2006, 04:18 PM
The Flu!!!!!!

Oh Girl I know what you mean! God bless you and you REST and take your vitamins! I woke up this morning with strepthroat and my surgery's in 6 days! I called my GYN and then went to a local doc and he put me on a Z-pak and mucinex DM so I'm walking around a little fuzzy-headed but I told him I canNOT reschedule this surgery...too many people have made too many adjustments (and if I have to go through another period I'll cry). So we're knocking it out. Lucky for you you have some time to recover. Flu will hang on if you don't rest enough and get plenty of fluids so you make sure you take care of yourself!!!
Unread 01-26-2006, 05:04 PM
The Flu!!!!!!

Thanks for your reply !! I hope u get well real fast your date is comming soon and i want to wish u a fast recovery take care of yourself ! I am on a zpak too for a sinus in fection I hope it kicks in real soon !! Let me know how u are doing later !! Robbie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-26-2006, 10:37 PM
The Flu!!!!!!

Hi sweet thing 03,
I am sorry that you and your kids are sick. It sounds like you are being taken care of. I know what it is like first hand to be sick and afraid that the date might change because of it. The first time mine changed it was because I was sick and it was no fun. You will be all right. Even if worse comes to worse and the date does change because of being sick it will be for the best because you don't want to be going into this sick. Take good care of yourself it is about 3 weeks away that should be plenty of time.
Debbie
Unread 01-26-2006, 11:27 PM
The Flu!!!!!!

Robbie,

I'm sorry you have the flu and I hope you get well soon! Let us know how your appointment with the cardiologist goes!

s and , Deb
Unread 01-27-2006, 07:45 AM
The Flu!!!!!!

Ahhhh!!! The flu! I am experiencing it as I write this!

I have the stomach kind! Lots and lots of fun! Both of my kids had it earlier this week and now it appears to be my turn.

I am almost 13 weeks post op and usually won't "catch" these kinds of things from my dd's, but I think that because of the surgery, my immune system might be a bit out of whack..

You still have three weeks to go and should be ok by then. Just REST, REST and then REST some more!

I had a terrible cold right before my surgery and had the neat cough that lingers afterward. It was great fun after my TAH to try to cough!!!

Best of luck to you and get well soon!!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register