I need to get a handle on pre-planning | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I need to get a handle on pre-planning I need to get a handle on pre-planning

Unread 05-11-2013, 11:43 AM
I need to get a handle on pre-planning

Im having the Robotic surgery on 6/3/13 .. leaving only the ovaries.

I need to get a handle on pre-planning I will be alone until hubby gets in from work .. no pets or kids so my main concern is meals, getting around.

I want to eat healthy while recovering. the thing is im more focused on all the appts I have in front of me since it will be two doctors I have 2 pre-op visits, a mri scheduled and things like that. in other words im overwhelmed and still bleeding and get pain at times.

Help lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-11-2013, 07:17 PM
Re: for June 13th Kinda nervous!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViviRose View Post
Im having the Robotic surgery on 6/3/13 .. leaving only the ovaries.

I need to get a handle on pre-planning I will be alone until hubby gets in from work .. no pets or kids so my main concern is meals, getting around.

I want to eat healthy while recovering. the thing is im more focused on all the appts I have in front of me since it will be two doctors I have 2 pre-op visits, a mri scheduled and things like that. in other words im overwhelmed and still bleeding and get pain at times.

Help lol
I was home alone with three cats until DH got home from work. I did fine, but just took thing slow and did them in batch mode. For breakfasts, I kept it simple - oatmeal and yogurt. For lunches, I just did fruits and microwaved a frozen meal. Dinners I had either frozen before, or kept it simple enough for DH to do.

You should be okay. Just listen to your body, and rest when you need. Do just a little bit at a time, and then rest again.

Unread 05-13-2013, 07:32 AM

I had my lavh Thursday. Everyone is different, but I guess I am really lucky. I actually slept on my stomach in the hospital my first night. My incisions didn't really hurt and I am normally a belly sleeper. The nurses laughed at me, said they thought about waking me up, but I looked pretty comfy! I think the worst part is the fear and anticipation of the surgery. I had some pressure and aches but it was about like one of my periods. Try not to stress to much( easier said than done) but it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. I got my kids up for school, dressed and walked them to the bus stop this morning. Came home did some laundry( took a while, had to lift just a few pieces of cloths at a time) and made some coffee. I am trying to take it easy, but really I feel just fine( other than the gas pressure in my shoulders and neck) I plan on going back to work next Monday, but I am only going to sit at the front desk. Hoping things will be as easy for u as they have been for me! Good luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-14-2013, 06:55 AM

AMAZING .... thats awesome, you rocked this !!! heres hoping I can do as well. Im not nervous all day but sometimes when I think about it im like oh geez it's a lot.

I know I have to get it done .. the constant bleeding from mild to moderate but never not there plus the pain after passing clots .. its affecting my life to where I cant plan anything and its just exhausting.

Friday is my next dr's appt .. then 2 pre-ops on the 28th, MRI 29th and surgery day so it's all right around the corner.

Don't overdo it .. and thanks for responding !!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register