suggestions on cure for nappy rash..plz | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

suggestions on cure for nappy rash..plz suggestions on cure for nappy rash..plz

Unread 04-21-2004, 07:04 AM
suggestions on cure for nappy rash..plz

Ok, this is where i go bright bright Red, get a hot flush from embaressment......

I cant use tampons due to a fibroid thats transcending down my vagina, so I am lumbered with the joys that come in disguise as Pads! LOL.

I have always liked to keep the shubbery well trimmed around the watering hole,( if ya get my drift, lmao), and found that the constant bleeding and pad wearing made me itch and sore, also felt " dirty " constantly due to passing large clots.....I decided to take action in the form of removing all undergrowth from area. Its helped, kinda..I feel cleaner now, and more comfy, as I dont get that eye watering pain when u try to peel the sticky side of the pad off ya pubes after its moved ( dont play innocent, yall know what Im talking about ;o) )but.......

I have blisters down below, caused by the friction of the pad which i have to wear 24-7. Ive tried talc powder( hey worked on the babies butt) and startch powder, over counter meds for nappy rash, and perscription stuff from Gp, also had several courses of antibiotics, but nothing seems to clear it up

Any ladies out there got the same problem, any suggestions as to how to clear it up?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-21-2004, 07:45 AM

This is the whole reason I do not wear pads. When I was younger and that is all my mom would let me use, I was miserable. Mom just could not understand why they bothered me so much, she never had any problems with pads. When I started baby-sitting, I then had my own money and bought tampons. No problems with them.
Used pads again after my first surgery, can't rember what kind I used, but broke out in a rash. Then had to use them again after my DD was born, and again I don't remember what kind I used. It sucked, I had diaper rash. LOL! I was using everything under the sun to try and clear it up, nothing worked, not even the diaper rash cream. Finally cleared up after the bleeding stopped, and did not have to use the pads.
Had to use pads again with my last surgery, that time, I got Stay Free pads, and did not have the problem. Yes they bothered me, because I had use them and don't like to, but did not break out with a rash this time.
I honestly think it is an alergery. With my DD, she would break out with diaper rashes if Pampers brand diapers, Luvs, or a cheap generic brand was used. But did not break out with Huggies. With me, I would break out if I used Always, Kotex or some other brand pads. Like I said, I tried the Stay Free, and no rash. Also have never had problems with tampons accept for one time. My sis picked some tampons up for me, and she got the deoderant Playtex kind. Playtex is fine, that is the kind I use, but the deoderant kind caused me to break out.

I honestly thought I was the only person this had ever happened to. All of my friends and family have never had such problems with pads. I do not know what to suggest to clear the rash up, it seems you have tried everything too. I don't know, maybe switching the brand of pads you are using, or stop using them for a while and use a wash cloth instead. I honestly don't know what else to suggest. SORRY!!!

Kedi
Unread 04-21-2004, 07:52 AM

Hey Kedi..we seem to respond a lot to one another postings, lol..

No worries about the lack of suggestions..its a shot in the dark really, as my GP has evenb run out of ideas!

I have tried every brand of pad available over here..it doesnt make much difference, admittedly, some cause a more severe flare up than others...and I have found the same, that the brand names seem to be the worst.. i fopund some cheapies in a warehouse store ( and bot they r cheap...59p for 25, lol ) and they are the most comfortable i have ever tried in terms of bulkiness and softness against skin etc, but still getting the rashes :0(
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-21-2004, 08:42 AM

Hi Kells
I have had the same prob with some types of pads, especially when wearing them for DAYS AND DAYS on end!

This could very well be an allergy. I don't know about the UK, but here we have an antihistamine cream called Benadryl. It really helps out with allergic rashes. I'm not sure if it can be used in the delicate "nether regions" area, but maybe you can ask your doc.

By the way I'm about your description of the shrubbery removal!!!!

I would never have thought of a nice way to put that!!!

Tam
Unread 04-21-2004, 09:33 AM

I also get red and sore but surprisingly mine is at it's worse at the beginning of a cycle. I wonder if it has to do with our PH balance....hmmm, I may have to ask about that. Anyhoo- The medicated powder does help me and I try to stay away from the pads that have the velcro underneath attaching the wings. That velcro always scratches me.
Unread 04-21-2004, 10:29 AM

Sounds like an allergy. I used to break out terribly when my mom would buy this one brand of pads when I was still a teen. It was awful. I finally figured it out and she stopped getting those kinds. Never could use tampons as they always caused excruciating pain. Have you tried different brands? I have periods that last forever (and also keep things trimmed LOL Love that despription!) so I have had to do a lot of trying and eliminating kinds that don't irritate me. I am sold on Stayfree ultra thin maxi with wings, but DO NOT get the kind with the "silky" covering. They STICK if you know what I mean. ACK! The cotton cover is great and keeps things dry.

I hope you can find something that helps. That just has to be miserable! s

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register